PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Help

squirrel17
02-28-2012, 09:32 AM
I currently run a variable speed bobcat 36". I have a bad back and was looking to upgrade to a hydro 36" to make my life a little easier. My business is small and so is my budget. Although with getting hydro I might be able to pick up a few more lawns. Is is it possible to get a decent used hydro for around $2,000. Currently looking at and Exmark Viking 36" for $3,000 which has about 3,500 hours on it... Is that a reasonable price and how many is too many hours? Any advice would help. Thanks.

bohiaa
02-28-2012, 09:37 AM
NOPE:

most commerical equipment is used to death, unless you catch someone going out of Business:

Most of the time on the engines. you will get around 3500 hours on the engine. some have reported 4000 hours.

But by them it's used to death.

BEST OF LUCK

Kelly's Landscaping
02-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Does that mower even have a hour meter on it we have a exmark 36tthp which is a better mower and it doesn't have an hour meter. Both models are hydro but the tthp has a floating deck. When we got it new we spent about 4500 for it so the viking new was even less than that. Thus $3000 for that viking :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: not sure about you credit but exmark often gives 0% financing if you have 2-3 k in cash you more then have enough for a down payment on a small hydro walk-behind even if you have 0 credit.

Exmarkboy13
02-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Just got a John Deere 7H17 with 100 hours on it. It looks new and came with a lightly used Proslide xt sulky and bagger. It is a 48 floating deck hydro. I got it delivered for $2500.00 check craigslist for deals

squirrel17
02-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the help. I am going to keep on the search on craigslist but in the meantime I'm looking at 2 brand new machines. Both machines are 36" hydro. 1st is the snapper pro 36 $4299 and the other is exmark (not sure of the model) for $4750 (that price is from one backstock from last year). If anyone has any thoughts on either of these mowers, please let me know. Obviously I like the $ of the snapper but not sure I like the pistol grips which has me leaning more towards the exmark. Both companies offering 3 years 0%.

MTenterprises
02-29-2012, 02:56 PM
I bought a 2007 viking 36 last year from a guy who only used it on his home lawn (1 acre) and probably had about 200 hours MAX for $2500. He had it serviced every year at the dealer (all in their computer), and he didn't even use it enough to warrant it. He just took excellent care of it like I do now.

This mower is a beast and I love it. I will always have it on my trailer. You can find deals, you just have to look around.

Exmarkboy13
02-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the help. I am going to keep on the search on craigslist but in the meantime I'm looking at 2 brand new machines. Both machines are 36" hydro. 1st is the snapper pro 36 $4299 and the other is exmark (not sure of the model) for $4750 (that price is from one backstock from last year). If anyone has any thoughts on either of these mowers, please let me know. Obviously I like the $ of the snapper but not sure I like the pistol grips which has me leaning more towards the exmark. Both companies offering 3 years 0%.

Well I would make an offer on the Exmark.