PDA

View Full Version : sping clean up

Love Thy Neighbor
12-03-2002, 10:36 PM
I know what a fall clean up is but what exactly do you guys include in a spring clean up besides trash and old leaves.

Just wondering if i got the right idea.

PR0 TURF
12-03-2002, 11:18 PM
One thing we try to do is sweep the curb & driveway of the sand with a powerbroom.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
12-04-2002, 09:36 AM
We also do a spring tine dethatching , Spade edge any flower beds , And give the lawn a good blowing over to clean out all the little junk taht s left over from the winter, sticks braches, fallen trees , etc, never know what youll find after a good winter ..LOL If we have one...

tailoredlook
12-04-2002, 10:02 AM
I edge the beds, prune out any winter death, remove dead flowers, pick up sticks get everything ready for mulch.

greenman
12-04-2002, 09:00 PM
Spring clean up- sticks, small limbs, more leaves (even though they are dead there are a few leaves that seem to "hang on" and dont fall until spring), gum balls, sweeping driveways and walks of pollen(big problem here),.......Another thing that is done in the south (warm season grasses only), is cutting and bagging bermuda and zoysia lawns(while they are still dormant, before they green up, is a must) down really really low to take out the dead grass. Thats how we dethatch down here. Then continue to raise the height throughout the season. Also aeration here is done in the late spring after the grass is fully greened up.