PDA

View Full Version : Advertising with Benchcraft

kgflyboy
02-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Has anyone advertised with this company before? I received a sales call from them informing me about golf course sign advertising. For $399 they will put a sign underneath the ballwasher on a golf course. I'm not sure if it will get me any new business or not. I'm hoping someone with experience with this form of advertising will tell me how it worked, but if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, let me know.

jdutcher003
02-28-2012, 02:29 PM
I signed up with them for an ad in the scorecard for this year. Mowing and golfing season is not upon us yet, but I will let you know how it works out. I thought about having a sign made for the golf course as well I feel that would work better

kgflyboy
02-28-2012, 05:31 PM
How much do the scorecard ads cost? I thought about doing one of those, but I agree that the sign might be more effective.

I signed up with them for an ad in the scorecard for this year. Mowing and golfing season is not upon us yet, but I will let you know how it works out. I thought about having a sign made for the golf course as well I feel that would work better

kgflyboy
02-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Does anyone else have any thoughts? Even if you haven't used this company before, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it. Would I be throwing money away, or do you think it will bring in more business. There have been plenty of views, but hardly anyone has commented.

I would appreciate any help and opinions I can get.

Thanks.

jdutcher003
03-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Well to be in the scorecard you have to be asked because the course has to be making a new card for you to get into it. Not sure how they found me but they called me and asked me if i wanted to be in it. It was somewhere around 300 bucks for the whole year. Normally it is more expensive but they said if i pay sooner than they were asking they would give me a discount so i figured why not try it. Somewhere around 50000 golfers go to this course throughout the year and i figured one job would basically pay for the ad. I am looking into trying a sign but I have a sign guy who would be able to make me that sign anyways and probably for much cheaper.

adamholz17
03-01-2012, 02:38 PM
I have been advertising with them for a couple of years at a few courses in town, and have not had a single call from them. I wasn't exactly aiming to get calls, although that would have been nice, I was looking for more of name recognition. I am on a scorecard, in their little course pamphlet, as well as on a hole sign. Price seems a little high to me, but they are willing to work on the price and throw in an extra year sometimes.