PDA

View Full Version : for those that use edgers

bobo316
02-28-2012, 03:57 PM
hand held edger vs walkbehind.which is more productive ,im thinkin on getting one ,just dont know what to buy.yhis will be my first year edging.thanks.

orangemower
02-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Thousands of threads on this subject. Dig a little and you'll have billions of answers.
Posted via Mobile Device

TNGrassCutter
02-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Both have their place. I use hh.
Posted via Mobile Device

KLAlawncare
02-28-2012, 05:24 PM
had both.....sold the walkbehind........hand helds are lighter,take up less space (trimmer rack) and better on fuel.....

kmzlawncare
02-28-2012, 05:44 PM
I use handhelds I think they are easier for every day maintenance.But if the edges are very over grown the walk behind is better. Once edges are established I would use the hand held. I would buy the hand held and if you need the walk behind rent one.

mowerman41
02-28-2012, 11:33 PM
I bought a used McClain wb edger for $100 starts first pull. I use that every spring to get the initial edge then I have an edg-it attachment for my echo. I know most don't like edg-it but it does a great maintenance job.
Posted via Mobile Device

Flatop
02-28-2012, 11:33 PM
I use handhelds I think they are easier for every day maintenance.But if the edges are very over grown the walk behind is better. Once edges are established I would use the hand held. I would buy the hand held and if you need the walk behind rent one.

I only use a walk behind (more power) for the initial edging then use my trimmer.