PDA

View Full Version : What's Your favorite turf tire?

Walker Lawn & Landscaping
02-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Im replacing tires. thinking carlisle turf master or multi trac i have turf savers now and i am less than impressed. whats your favorite and why?

Jason Rose
02-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Turf Masters #1. Multi trac is almost the same and just as good I've found.

edensgate7
02-28-2012, 06:03 PM
I have been thinking of starting a thread like this with all the talk in this forum about mowing on hills and standers and such and you beat me to it! Anoybody with any sense knows that Even the best machine can't mow on a slope with crappy tires and I don't think people take that into consideration when discussing machines. I have always ran carlisle turmasters and they seem to do well although they are expensive!

GMLC
02-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Turf Masters here. Great on hills.

JimQ
02-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Turf Masters #1. Multi trac is almost the same and just as good I've found.

X2

I totally agree.

Q

Walker Lawn & Landscaping
02-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Any ideas what pros cons are for the turf savers vs. multi trac? ive been googling the piss out of it and have come up with next to nothing. thanks for the input

Ridin' Green
02-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Any ideas what pros cons are for the turf savers vs. multi trac? ive been googling the piss out of it and have come up with next to nothing. thanks for the input

The Multi Trac comes in sizes the Turf Master doesn't. I actually prefer the Multi Trac if given a choice. The Turf Masters are very inconsistent in profile. Some are slightly rounded in the center, while others have a dish to the tread's center section. Maybe it doesn't hurt anything, but it looks like crap, and I have to keep reminding myself that it's just the way a particular tire came out of the mold, and that it's not low on air.

kiwi1
02-28-2012, 09:05 PM
I am actually using KT168 ATV Tyres and as long as you don't turn like a cowboy on lawns they no different than Turf Masters, they shed the grass better therefore cleaner to drive over paths etc. And they stick like a bit of the proverbial on steep inclines. Carlisle AT489 are good also on steep sites.

kiwi1
02-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Photo of KT168 tyres

edensgate7
02-29-2012, 12:25 AM
wow those are some serious meaty rubbers on that thar mower:)