PDA

View Full Version : Door Hangers - Feedback Please

Gilmore.Landscaping
02-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Hey, Looking to get some door hangers done, just looking for feedback on the design/layout.

The black border needs to be removed but ignore that.

Thanks

crazymike
02-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Hey, Looking to get some door hangers done, just looking for feedback on the design/layout.

The black border needs to be removed but ignore that.

Thanks

I like them. I also like the fact that it's not your generic flyer. Has a unique element to it.

I did a similar unique idea and so far, people on here don't like it. I'm thinking of going with it anyways though.

crazymike
02-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Many people on here try to sell their business with pictures of equipment, etc...

Guess what, 75 year old Mrs Henry, or Johnny Lawyer, doesn't know what equipment is good and what is bad. In fact, they would probably be more drawn to a Craftsman mower than an Exmark, because that's what they know.

IMO, flyers and brochures should show a couple nice pictures of a nice garden, striped grass, or the like and that's it.

Gilmore.Landscaping
02-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Anyone Else??

figaroo
02-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Looks Good! Simple but nice.

A-Land
03-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Those are probably not the best pictures to use. If you're going to use actual pictures, they better be real attention grabbers. There's nothing wrong with the ones you picked... They just aren't the greatest. Kinda boring. We all know what grass looks like.

Gilmore.Landscaping
03-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Yes, they are grass, but that's what I am doing... I don't do installs so although they would grab attention they don't represent me. Also pictures of big fancy houses I have never liked much.
Posted via Mobile Device

A-Land
03-01-2012, 12:53 AM
By that logic I'd reconsider the fact that your logo has a tree in it when you don't do tree work, no?

Gilmore.Landscaping
03-01-2012, 04:28 PM
True, by installs I meant hard scape and ponds and the really showy stuff.

Tree was just an object that represented the landscape and worked with the design.I have intsalled trees...
Posted via Mobile Device

turf hokie
03-01-2012, 04:41 PM
pruning only has one "N"

and you are not specific enough with what your 10% is off of....I signed up for the monthly program now I get 10% off all of your services? or just the monthly mowing?

MarkintheGarden
03-01-2012, 08:26 PM
I like it. I think that the most important thing is that there is eye catching images. If it catches the eye, then it has done the job. I think this one catches the eye.

One suggestion is use the words Lawn mowing instead of lawn maintenance. Easier to read and more easily understood.

I know a lot of people use it but I do not like the word install for planting or for mulch.
I print; Planting, flowers, shrubs and trees. I put flowers first cause the word catches the attention. And it means perennials and annuals. Install is a good word for anything hardscape, lighting and anything that gets installed, but plants are planted and mulch is applied.

In both cases, I am just suggesting that less technical works better. My experience is that most customers do not care if they are dealing with a big company or a one man operation. They do want to see that who they are dealing with are good at what they do, and simple and straightforward about doing business.

Gilmore.Landscaping
03-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help, didn't notice the spelling errors. I will edit those out, any more ideas