PDA

View Full Version : Level 1 Maintenance

Salcido Lawn
02-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Did anyone else get burned by Level 1 Maintenance? They stiffed my for a lot of work that I did for them, then went out of business. I'm trying to track them down!! I HATE THIEFS!!!:realmad:

PLS-Tx
02-29-2012, 03:01 AM
Yep, they got to us for work we did at a Blockbuster.

32vld
02-29-2012, 11:08 AM
I don't know why people sub for nationals.

All you read on lawnsite and plowsite is that two things happen all too often.

One: you don't get paid your normal full rate.

So why do contractors accept getting a reduced pay rate?

Two: Read to many stories on LS and PS where the Nationals find all kinds of ways to not pay their subcontractors.

So why go do business for Nationals that as an industry have bad reputations for not paying?

If something is to good to be true then it is not.

When a new guy comes along and asks how much he should charge he is told you have to know your costs to make your desired profit.

So a contractor figures out his costs. Determines how much profit he needs. So now the contractor then knows how much to bid on a job.

Another question:

Why does a contractor do all this figuring then throws out his calculations and does the work for less just because a National says so?

Dr.NewEarth
02-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Nationals... that includes out of province or state companies. You need to work for management concerns that are in your jurisdictions so that your laws apply to them.

It's difficult though. I've been sucked in before, and jumped in with both feet to do a fantastic job only to be bullied by managers or owners who are clear across North America from me.

exclusive
02-29-2012, 04:04 PM
i also did alot of work for them exxons and got burned for a few grand and i dont think we can do anything about it i was reading some where that the **** that owned it moved to i think nevada and started another company with here bf

limaint
02-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Yep...got us for a couple of services at two blockbusters.

exclusive
02-29-2012, 04:30 PM
couple of us should get together and go pay them a visit and talk to them and then stop off in vegas

Penscape Landscaping
02-29-2012, 08:48 PM
I use to take care of a lowes hardware in my area. I had the manager super happy and was asked by district manager to bid on 6 more stores. Then thry announced to me that national company took them all over. The national company contacted me to do it for them at a lower rate. They only take care of half the property and the managers hate them. I talked to a guy that was doing it for the national company he was doing it for half the priced i was and for a 10 day 10 month cycle. Its pathetic that they control the market. Not to bad here yet but working its way in.