PDA

View Full Version : POLL!!!! Lawn Service or Care

TheChiefsLawnCare
02-28-2012, 10:49 PM
Ok, so I was just informed on some things I need to fix about my name to keep me from working to pay fines. Should my business name be Lawn Care or Lawn Service.

TheChiefsLawnCare
02-29-2012, 12:15 AM
danm nobody wants to give their opinion????????

TheChiefsLawnCare
02-29-2012, 12:17 AM
whoops my bad, lol. i didnt realize i had to click view results. but man 50 views and only 5 votes lol. alright then. i decided to go with service. in all honestly a name dosent make or break a business its all about quality of work, luck and smart investments.

CutterCutter
02-29-2012, 01:03 AM
I didnt vote. I don't think it matters.

However, when it comes to advertising on business cards, door hangers, lettering on trucks, trailers or whatever make it easy for potential customers to know what you do. A few words in large letters is better than an overload of info that's hard to read because it's cluttered or in small print.

Pictures speak volumes and be sure the phone number stands out.

Sammy
02-29-2012, 01:29 AM
Ok, so I was just informed on some things I need to fix about my name to keep me from working to pay fines. Should my business name be Lawn Care or Lawn Service.

I did not vote. Need more info on why you need to change your name so as not to pay fines ?

TheChiefsLawnCare
02-29-2012, 08:36 PM
in louisiana you can not advertise the word "landscape" unless you have a hort license. and in order to have the word "landscape" on your trailer or truck or whatever, you have to have the hort license number with it other wise you get fined. i dont have a license so i cant do it and dont want to take the chance. This is copied and pasted from the site.

The Louisiana Horticulture Law states that no person shall receive fees, advertise, or solicit business in a regulated profession or occupation unless he holds the appropriate license or permit, or has a regular employee who holds the appropriate license or permit, or is employed by a person who holds the appropriate license or permit. For specifics on what each license or permit authorizes, see Section 3808 of the Horticulture Commission Law. All licensees are required to place at least one of their license numbers on all business related vehicles that have advertisements on them (Section 115 E of regulations).

Ticolawnllc
02-29-2012, 09:59 PM
In NJ if you spray for pest and your name doesn't have Lawn care or pest control in it you have to put you lice # on the truck. Lawn care refers to fertilizer and weed control. If you only cut grass you should go with lawn service.

I don't know the laws by you but there you have my .02

KrayzKajun
02-29-2012, 10:13 PM
i voted! oh wait i texted u my answer last night lol

cutbetterthanyou
02-29-2012, 10:34 PM
how about lawn maintenance or property maintenance? property managment, something like that.

Mahoney3223
03-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Why don't you just take the test and get the license? Come on
Posted via Mobile Device