PDA

View Full Version : 1 wheeled sulky

jaywayne
02-29-2012, 01:31 PM
i have a question just bought a scag walkbehind an i have a 1 wheel sulky on it . i used it for the frist time last sat. cutting my aunt's yard with it an i begin to see it was making ruts in her yard. so can any body tell me how to stop making ruts in the yard? is it a special why you have to ride it! or im to heavy for it im 235 so is my weight a big factor? please help! by the way its a 36in. jaywayne

hamiltonlawncare
02-29-2012, 01:37 PM
no "special" way to ride it as for rutting how wet was the ground? shouldn't rut too bad however a single wheel velke leaves a "stripe" where wheel pushes grass over and gets real noticeable the more time you run in same track a two-wheel velke rides in path of walkbehind wheels so not a noticable of a strip

Landrus2
02-29-2012, 01:39 PM
how about walking behind it :weightlifter:

MTenterprises
02-29-2012, 03:19 PM
I use a two wheeled sulky on my 36 Viking and it never causes a problem. I'm 185.

orangemower
02-29-2012, 03:25 PM
My BOP dually has a "stepsaver" as they call it that is two wheeled. It doesn't rut and stripes like a bandit. I really like the fact that you are in the same position behind the mower no matter how you turn.
Posted via Mobile Device

Glenn Lawn Care
02-29-2012, 03:40 PM
I don't use my one wheel velkie cuz it leaves a wheel line in my stripes.

Why would you put a velkie on a 36" mower. It doesn't have the power to carry you IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device