PDA

View Full Version : Can I get all of this in a 8.5'x20' V-Nose?

K&L Landscaping
02-29-2012, 06:50 PM
I have a chance to pick up a 8.5'x20' V-Nose for a great price but I was wondering if all of the following will fit:

2-Snapper Pro 61" ZTR's, 1-Snapper Pro SW30 61" walkbehind, 3- Toro 21" mowers, 1-Billy Goat Force 13HP, 3- BP blowers, 3-trimmers, 1-edger, 2-chainsaws plus gas cans and other misc. gear.

I know a 24' would probably be better but I have found a great deal on this 20 footer.

01thump
02-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Do you own a tape measure ?

Patriot Services
02-29-2012, 06:55 PM
What are you carrying all that in now? Just mark out an 8.5x20 area on the ground and line up the gear.
Posted via Mobile Device

K&L Landscaping
02-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Do you own a tape measure ?

Thanks for your overwhelming knowledge and contribution to this thread, much appreciated!

K&L Landscaping
02-29-2012, 07:03 PM
What are you carrying all that in now? Just mark out an 8.5x20 area on the ground and line up the gear.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, I'm not carrying all of it at once at the moment. I'm in a position now where I do need to carry all of it. I put it all in my dad's 24' car hauler and had around 4.5-5' left over. However, his trailer is a flat front and not a V-Nose. I'm thinking I just need to pass on this 20' and get a 24' or maybe even a 26' but I do have some tight places that it will be a challenge to maneuver such a large trailer.

01thump
02-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Thanks for your overwhelming knowledge and contribution to this thread, much appreciated!

Sorry i just can not figure out why someone would post a question like this...come on...if you cant figure out how much trailer you need for the stuff you own maybe you should not be towing anything in the first place..not trying to come off like a smart butt but please use common sense..

K&L Landscaping
02-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Sorry i just can not figure out why someone would post a question like this...come on...if you cant figure out how much trailer you need for the stuff you own maybe you should not be towing anything in the first place..not trying to come off like a smart butt but please use common sense..
Well you did come off like a smart butt. Seems to be typical of the new crowd around here. Good rule of thumb, if you can't contribute something positive keep it to yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
02-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Well you did come off like a smart butt. Seems to be typical of the new crowd around here. Good rule of thumb, if you can't contribute something positive keep it to yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device

He just needed 10 posts so he can have PM'ing privilege's.:usflag:

01thump
02-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I did contribute i asked if you have a tape measure....post # 11..waaahooo look at me go!!!

K&L Landscaping
02-29-2012, 08:32 PM
He just needed 10 posts so he can have PM'ing privilege's.:usflag:

Haha...could be. I'm just over all of the negative BS that has become the norm around here. We used to have (and still do to some extent) some great, knowledgeable guys around here that you could really learn from. Now, a good portion of the responses are the typical one line drivel like what was written above.
Posted via Mobile Device

01thump
02-29-2012, 09:06 PM
I have a chance to pick up a bunch of groceries for a great price but i only have 2 bags to put them in do you think they will fit???.........see how that sounds.....ok i am done good night and good luck on finding the answer to you question that only you can answer..peace !.

unclemark
02-29-2012, 10:17 PM
My trimmer shaft is longer than yours!
http://serve.mysmiley.net/animated/anim_35.gif (http://www.celebrityfashionarchive.com)http://serve.mysmiley.net/animated/anim_35.gif (http://www.celebrityfashionarchive.com)

GLC
02-29-2012, 11:09 PM
I am not new...been around on here for a long time...not many posts but yes all of that will fit...good deals are hard to find and if its that good of one...get it and make it work

K&L Landscaping
03-01-2012, 07:46 AM
I am not new...been around on here for a long time...not many posts but yes all of that will fit...good deals are hard to find and if its that good of one...get it and make it work

Thank you sir! I think the V-Nose has me a little concerned. Seems to me that I would lose a little space with that configuration.

Patriot Services
03-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Thank you sir! I think the V-Nose has me a little concerned. Seems to me that I would lose a little space with that configuration.

You actually gain space with a V~nose. Its 20ft PLUS the V~nose which is great place to vertical hang trimmers, build shelves or install a crapper.
Posted via Mobile Device

weeble67
03-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Make a shelf in the V-nose. You can put it a couple feet from the top and it will hold lots of your stuff. I store my chainsaw and various other items there.

psdnate
03-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Well, I'm not carrying all of it at once at the moment. I'm in a position now where I do need to carry all of it. I put it all in my dad's 24' car hauler and had around 4.5-5' left over. However, his trailer is a flat front and not a V-Nose. I'm thinking I just need to pass on this 20' and get a 24' or maybe even a 26' but I do have some tight places that it will be a challenge to maneuver such a large trailer.

I think you answered your own question in this post.

K&L Landscaping
03-01-2012, 11:36 AM
You actually gain space with a V~nose. Its 20ft PLUS the V~nose which is great place to vertical hang trimmers, build shelves or install a crapper.
Posted via Mobile Device

Really? I thought I was actually losing area with the V-Nose. Good to know, thanks a lot!

R & R Yard Designs
03-01-2012, 11:52 AM
You do know that the length of the trailer is up to the back side of the vee, that extra room is just that extra.
Posted via Mobile Device

K&L Landscaping
03-01-2012, 01:40 PM
You do know that the length of the trailer is up to the back side of the vee, that extra room is just that extra.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know now, thanks to you guys!

Thanks fellas, much appreciated.

clydebusa
03-01-2012, 02:00 PM
No it will not fit, but where can I pick the trailer up for a great deal?

:laugh:

Mike Fronczak
03-04-2012, 04:39 PM
It should all fit if it is plus the v
Nose. Put the 21" next to each 61" you will be fine, racks on the walls for trimmers & blowers. We haul two 60" zero turns, a48"WB, 36" WB two trimmers, two blowers on our 8.5x20' trailer. The 36 & 48 fit next to each other, the from of the Ztr slides under the handle bars.
Posted via Mobile Device