PDA

View Full Version : starter rope sizes ?

ALLPro Landscaping
02-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Any one know what diameter starter rope for Kawasaki 15hp pull cords are, I usually just go down to the local shop and pick up a few feet as needed, but im getting tired of wasting the money and time so im looking at buying a few rolls of it to keep on hand. Also which do you prefer, ive seen smooth braided, solid braided, nylon, cotton, etc. Their are just so many to chooses from

dutch1
02-29-2012, 10:57 PM
I use Honda rope and #6 or #7 works for me in the 17 Kaw.. Honda is a fairly hard braid nylon and provides the best wear of the various brands that I have tried. If I'm not mistaken, the rope size is measured in millimeters. Maybe someone can verify.

Restrorob
02-29-2012, 11:15 PM
#6 = 3/16", I'm sure "Honda" rope is in MM's since everything else is.....

http://tewarehouse.com/9345

Rotary's New Performance Enhanced Premium 16 Carrier Smooth Braid Rope.

Twice the carriers of our other rope.
Red tracer.
Twisted tire cord center core with torque tensioning for increased cycles.
Smoother cycling.
Flexibility increased while maintaining firmness.
Wound on plastic spool.

ALLPro Landscaping
03-01-2012, 01:26 AM
Great thanks guys for the info, now that im thinking I may just order for all my machines, any idea what would be a good standard size for redmax and stihl hand helds and blowers. again thanks for the hep

dutch1
03-01-2012, 09:25 AM
I think you will find that #3 and #3.5 will cover most of the hand held and backpack applications. Depending on the source you use, your results may vary.
If you still have OEM rope in the unit, measure it close to the recoil handle and order accordingly.

ALLPro Landscaping
03-01-2012, 11:31 AM
great thanks