PDA

View Full Version : Gravely Compact 44 Purchase

phil1995
02-29-2012, 10:44 PM
I have been looking to purchase a high end residential zero turn mower for the spring. In my search, I have ran across a new from dealer 2011 Gravely Compact Pro 44 for $5100 out the door price. This is only about $600 more than the high end residential Toro Titan unit I was looking at.

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this purchase. I really do not have a need for a commercial unit, but If I can pay just $600 more and get all of the commercial upgrades, should I do it?

From what I have seen, this appears to be an exceptional price on this unit. The 2011 Compact Pro 34 at the other dealership across town was the same price after taxes.

I have the unit on hold till Friday, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew & Ben's Lawn Care
03-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Sure, here's some advise...buy mine. I realized that I would be more productive with a walk behind mower because of all the slopes I have to cut, so I'm selling my new Zero Turn. 4200.00 no tax and extra blades. It's 44" 2011 Ferris with 4 wheel independent suspension. Photos and details are in the "Equipment Market Place". Send me a PM if interested.

Stonehams_MotorSports
03-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Spend the extra money and get the Commercial intended mower. You will get beffier deck, spindles, drivetrain and probably a better quality engine.

A residential Mower won't have a "commercial" warrenty. And since you intend on cutting more than a single residential property, you will fall under commercial use with every MFG out there.

LawnMan19
03-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Sure, here's some advise...buy mine. I realized that I would be more productive with a walk behind mower because of all the slopes I have to cut, so I'm selling my new Zero Turn. 4200.00 no tax and extra blades. It's 44" 2011 Ferris with 4 wheel independent suspension. Photos and details are in the "Equipment Market Place". Send me a PM if interested.

This mower is in real nice shape if you look it up, it's like brand new.

phil1995
03-01-2012, 07:59 PM

Looks like a great mower, but I am not close enough to Knoxville to do business I am afraid. Also 0% for 48 is paying for about half of the mower. I assume you do not finance!!!

a clear difference lawn
03-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Spend the extra money and get the Commercial intended mower. You will get beffier deck, spindles, drivetrain and probably a better quality engine.

A residential Mower won't have a "commercial" warrenty. And since you intend on cutting more than a single residential property, you will fall under commercial use with every MFG out there.

The compact pro 44 is a commercial mower

MOturkey
03-02-2012, 12:38 AM
If the Gravely suits your needs, buy it. A full commercial machine for only $600 more than a residential is a no-brainer.

phil1995
03-02-2012, 10:59 PM
If the Gravely suits your needs, buy it. A full commercial machine for only $600 more than a residential is a no-brainer.

Pretty much the way I see it.

Whozat?
03-15-2012, 05:27 PM
On my 3rd season with the Gravely CP 44" with no problems at all. Needed 44" for narrow gates and small gaps between flowerbeds/nature areas and customer lawn areas. One drawback I found with it was the 1/2" deck height increments. When warranty ran out I drilled additional holes in side of height adjustment bar to have 1/4" increments for anything under 3.5 inches. (That's just me - I'm not advising here!) Not the fastest ZTR out there either but well built of good components.