PDA

View Full Version : Bed edger

FLC2000
03-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Brown or ez-trench?

Anyone have an opinion on which one is better and easier to use?

Im leaning towards the Brown. I like the wider wheelbase on them.

ohiogreenworks
03-02-2012, 09:53 AM
I know it's not either of them, but I like our turfco. Its small, maneurvable, pretty lightweight (can pick it up alone) and does a pretty sweet job. Only bad thing is the drive system relies on the plastic/rubber tire and once the tread gets worn, you have to push it a bit. I am working on adding a sprocket and chain to the actual wheel and I think once I fix the drive system, it will be the perfect edger.

FLC2000
03-02-2012, 06:20 PM
I know it's not either of them, but I like our turfco. Its small, maneurvable, pretty lightweight (can pick it up alone) and does a pretty sweet job. Only bad thing is the drive system relies on the plastic/rubber tire and once the tread gets worn, you have to push it a bit. I am working on adding a sprocket and chain to the actual wheel and I think once I fix the drive system, it will be the perfect edger.

Ill check it out. Thanks.

White Gardens
03-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Im leaning towards the Brown. I like the wider wheelbase on them.

That wheelbase is actually a hindrance.

If you've already got existing beds and an established trench, then the wheels will drop into it and the machine bottoms out.

To do sharp curves you have to fineness the machine to make the circle also. Just doesn't turn sharp.

I've never bought one as I use a tiller head on my FS-90 to re-define beds and go rent a brown if I've got new edges that need cut.

FLC2000
03-02-2012, 08:44 PM
That wheelbase is actually a hindrance.

If you've already got existing beds and an established trench, then the wheels will drop into it and the machine bottoms out.

To do sharp curves you have to fineness the machine to make the circle also. Just doesn't turn sharp.

I've never bought one as I use a tiller head on my FS-90 to re-define beds and go rent a brown if I've got new edges that need cut.

Thanks. Thats good to know.

Ive used them before but this is the first time Im going to purchase one. I want to make sure Im getting my moneys worth with them being as expensive as they are.