PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy new 32 walkbehind soon...

JLSLLC
03-01-2012, 12:06 PM
I do mainly residential properties and i want to purchase a new 32 to use as my main mower..( When the season picks up) Main reason is because it should work for about 90% of my jobs. I bought a 33inch cut sears mower last year that completely fell apart,( i know, i needed something to work with!) But it went where i needed it too.. I replaced that mower with an older 36 inch cut John Deere/Bunton. This mower has been good to me but i cant adjust the deck height on the fly:hammerhead: That's going to be an issue for me. I want to keep it as a back-up, it has a brand new trans installed with a rebuilt motor..

I know i want a walkbehind. I have seen the new toro thread on here, good reviews, its a nice mower, but im leaning towards the walk behind... I have a 21 inch if needed for smaller gates.. Anyone able to maybe give me some advice on what to do before it gets crazy busy?? I want to go with a belt drive, a bagger is mandatory, and maybe a sulky... Just dont want to buy something that isnt worth it again. Someone had mentioned to me i could finance one as well... What do ya's think? This site is awesome, i read for hours at night:waving:

Thanks everyone...

JLSLLC
03-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Here is the main mower, forgot to add the pic in first post

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367373

LawnMan19
03-01-2012, 02:03 PM
I would go with the one that has the best dealer support in your area. Ferris, Snapper Pro, Exmark, Toro, Bobcat. all seem like they make nice ones. I probably would not put a sulky on a 32'' belt drive just because 32'' are not that heavy of a mower, and I would probably think if you put a sulky on it, it might put to much strain on the mower.

tmramrod91
03-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Chances of using a sulky on a 32" are pretty slim, unless you weight like 120 lbs, plus with smaller residential yards its more of a headache using a sulky than it is to walk behind the mower, especially if its going to be a belt drive.

I've ran scag and toro wb's, similar to what you're looking at. Both are great mowers with a great cut. Also had an encore, decent mower (probably going to be cheaper than others) but getting parts for them is going to be next to impossible since they're no longer around.

Great thing about belt drive is the maintenance. Pretty much anything that goes wrong is a piece of cake to fix, especially if you have a local dealer that can get parts quickly.

Look on craigslist...lots of mowers for sale like that right now, anywhere from $500-$1200 depending on condition and mower would be a good price.

JLSLLC
03-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks for your replies!! Yeah i should of thought about it more with the sulky, I have heard they are tough on the trans too... I need the bagger though. There are a few dealers where i am.. Might go look at exmark. Wish i could afford a stander!!! The Bob cats are catching my eye, see them alot!

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-01-2012, 10:51 PM
falllllsssseeeeeee, i have the toro 32in belt driver w/b w/ floating deck and it pulls my fat ass around just fine. i weight 180 lbs. if you want deck height on a fly get the floating deck. all you do is pull 4 pins, put a rod in hole that corresponds with the height and replace the pins. only down fall to the floating is you have to buy toros bag ONLY if you want to bag and they only have 1 huge blade compared to 2 blades like the exmark 32 or the toro 36 where they use two blades. so you just have to be careful what you hit because you can bend the blade easily. anyways, no other aftermarket, pake em, gobbler, accrelator,, etc. the reason being is because the area where the grass comes out is odd shapped, its rounded and all and all the aftermarket ones are square like the non floating deck is.

KrayzKajun
03-01-2012, 10:55 PM
if you want quick height adjust, get the Ferris 32" Hydro cut, has rapid height adjustment(just crank the handle up or down) i love mine.

lawnboy dan
03-02-2012, 07:22 AM
i recommend the toro 32 also. my trans lasted 18 years pulling sulky. changing heights is easy

tmramrod91
03-02-2012, 09:55 AM
The only issues I've had with the sulky is on hills. The front end comes up pretty easily, but I'm also not even close to 180 lbs. Thinking about getting some weights for the front end, which will most likely eliminate that.

LawnMan19
03-02-2012, 11:12 AM
if you want quick height adjust, get the Ferris 32" Hydro cut, has rapid height adjustment(just crank the handle up or down) i love mine.

Yeah, this looks like the best 32'' on the market.

THIESSENS TLC
04-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Yeah, this looks like the best 32'' on the market.

just looking at it now, it looks like a really nice machine! how much does the 32 cost? i cant seem to find a price. thanks

Florida Gardener
04-21-2012, 07:41 AM
I paid 3-K for mine plus tax. I got 0% for 36 as well. You can get 0% for 48 right now. Great machine, easy controls, great cut quality, and fast. I would def. buy it if I were you.
Posted via Mobile Device

THIESSENS TLC
04-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

THIESSENS TLC
04-21-2012, 09:45 AM
I paid 3-K for mine plus tax. I got 0% for 36 as well. You can get 0% for 48 right now. Great machine, easy controls, great cut quality, and fast. I would def. buy it if I were you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device