PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone check out Kage Innovation's Wheel Kaddy the longest lasting sulky yet

KristinStephan
03-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Here is a link to our website for you to learn all about the Kage Wheel Kaddy. You will see very quickly how adding a Kaddy to your fleet will pay for itself in no time. We will have a video up soon! I will post again when it is live.

http://kageinnovation.com/newpages/kaddy_system.php

orangemower
03-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Interesting but I like how BOP made their stepsaver so you're always in front of the controls.
Posted via Mobile Device

MTenterprises
03-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Nice! Would like to try one

KristinStephan
03-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Mtenterprises I left you a message on your profile page:)

Richard Martin
03-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Somehow I missed the part about how this sulky is any better than any other sulky, why it might last longer, or how it will pay for it's self. The one thing I did notice is that it looks like it's expensive.

GMLC
03-02-2012, 03:21 PM
I said I liked the idea and product. The pictures on the website speak for themselves as far as my research goes. I was just making a suggestion

Greyst1
03-02-2012, 03:28 PM
I like it, i've seen this in Turf Mag. I did quite a bit of research on sulkies when i ran walk behinds and most of them on the market are just mediocre. I found the pro one swivel castor wheel sulky to be the best since its gets you closer to a true zero turn. This one looks nice, i like the design and seems well built (from the pics). I think if i needed a sulky i would definitely try this one. Can't say if this is the best but i do like the design.

R & R Yard Designs
03-02-2012, 04:46 PM
I would really like to get one as I have one guy that hates to ride on a ztrs but tears the hell out of all the sulkies that I have now cause he has some weight to him. Can you pm me when you can.
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
03-02-2012, 04:57 PM
The quick coupling is slick. No more messing with pins, washers and hairclips.:usflag:

Plus it appears to be all American built.

MTenterprises
03-02-2012, 05:07 PM
The quick coupling is slick. No more messing with pins, washers and hairclips.:usflag:

:usflag: agreed.

orangemower
03-02-2012, 05:17 PM
I need to clarify interesting. It looks like a solid platform and has some features that are beneficial to the rider and the quick connect is nice. Two wheeled is the only way to go. They can carry a heavier load without rutting.
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
03-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I do have one question to the op. How long have they made this sulky? You claim to have the longest lasting, how is that possible with ones that have been out for years and still work?
Posted via Mobile Device

yardguy28
03-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Interesting but I like how BOP made their stepsaver so you're always in front of the controls.
Posted via Mobile Device

how would you be anywhere but in front of the controls?

Patriot Services
03-02-2012, 05:48 PM

Unless your leaning over the handlebars or sitting on the engine you will always be behind the controls.:usflag:

K&L Landscaping
03-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Anyone know the price of this unit?

Patriot Services
03-02-2012, 05:51 PM
I do have one question to the op. How long have they made this sulky? You claim to have the longest lasting, how is that possible with ones that have been out for years and still work?
Posted via Mobile Device

Devices are usually put through repetitive motion machines to simulate years of wear and tear under severe operating conditions.:usflag:

Valk
03-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Unless your leaning over the handlebars or sitting on the engine you will always be behind the controls.:usflag:

http://kageinnovation.com/newpages/kaddy_system.php#operatorControl

Patriot Services
03-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Arguing semantics there. His hands are still on the backside of the controls. You would be in the same position with any swivel mount sulky.:usflag:

Richard Martin
03-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Devices are usually put through repetitive motion machines to simulate years of wear and tear under severe operating conditions.:usflag:

Yeah. If you're General Motors. :usflag:

Richard Martin
03-02-2012, 06:23 PM

When the mower turns this sulky trailers, ie: It articulates. The BOP sulky has casters on it so you're always right behind the controls. It can be a pain in the rear to not be directly behind the controls.

djagusch
03-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Kage is a spin off of a large lawn care outfit in mn. They most likely have been prefecting the sulky with their crews (I believe they employ over 60) over the years. Decent company by the couple employees I have talked to.
Posted via Mobile Device

R & R Yard Designs
03-02-2012, 07:38 PM
if it is built like their push box it's 1 solid peace
I wouldn't be surprised if it out last the mower
Posted via Mobile Device

Roger
03-02-2012, 07:46 PM
A couple of observations/questions from seeing the website:

1. Nothing is said/shown how to get the hitch off the mower. The quick-disconnect with the splined shaft is shown, but the hitch that goes from the disconnect to the mower is not shown. If it is disconnected, the dongle remains on the mower, which is probably undesirable.
2. Nothing is said about reversing.
3. Nothing is said about being able to make full Z-turns. It appears not to be the case. the wheel assembly will not rotate under the hitch -- at least from what I can see from the pictures. This situation is also part of the reversing question (2) above. A single-wheeled Velke is designed so that the wheel will rotate a complete 360 under the hitch. This enables reversing, with the wheel being pulled backward, and also permits the true Z-turn.
4. It is not entirely clear how the spring works. The words speak about shock between the mower and the sulky. This shock is trivial over against the shock of wheels riding over uneven terrain. The large wheels do look nice, however. But, I wonder the value of the added part of the spring.

For those discussing being "behind the controls," the distinction is between a trailer sulky, and a castered sulky. A trailer has a pin connection, enabling it to rotate about a vertical axis. The wheels on the sulky remain fixed in the plane normal with the axle running across the sulky. The picture with the operator makes it clear that this unit is a trailer sulky.

The castered sulky is firmly fixed to the mower, making the sulky and mower move as unit. There is no pivot point about a vertical like the trailer sulky. The sulky wheels turn on a spindle, each wheel independent. They rotate on a vertical axis, with the wheel itself free to rotate about the spindle a full 360 degrees (unlike the trailer, where the wheel remains at 0 degrees). The castered sulky remains behind the mower, meaning the operator remains "behind the controls" (I believe that was the phrase used earlier).

I have a Bullrider convertible. No, there is no soft top -- not that kind of convertible! Rather, with placement of pins, it can be made into a trailer sulky, or a castered sulky. The switchover is simple, and without tools. In my experience, the castered mode does not work with my 36" Exmark -- sulky drives the mower. The mower is too light, and the footprint is too narrow. By fixing the spindles on the sulky to a stationary position, and pulling one pin, it turns into a trailer. It works great as a trailer. But, like the one is the pictures, it will not permit a full Z-turn. Reversing can only be done very carefully.

tyler_mott85
03-02-2012, 08:35 PM
This is just like the StepSaver from BOP, the Gravely Sulkys and Jungle Jim Sulkys. It does "trailer" behind the unit but the pivot point is right in front of the standing platform not up on the mounting point of the entire sulky to the mower. If you were to stand pigeon toed on the platform with your toes touching right at the pivot point your toes would always be in the same position regardless of where your heals are at.

With that being said the pivot point is a few inches further than I would like to see. Ideally you would want the pivot point that lets the platform twist/turn to be right at the front of the standing platform. Also the extensive use of washers to provide the adjustment in how far the platform is from the controls concerns me. K.I.S.S. And multiple washers is not that.

I like the idea of a "cushioning" sulky but I find more trouble in the vibration that comes through the handle bars of the mower itself rather than what comes through my legs. Thats why I have knees. :)

Would like to see a mower produced that has some sort of suspension system for the control bars.

martinlawn29
03-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Here is a link to our website for you to learn all about the Kage Wheel Kaddy. You will see very quickly how adding a Kaddy to your fleet will pay for itself in no time. We will have a video up soon! I will post again when it is live.

I saw these in my mag the other day ! ware can i see them in person ? im in Grand Rapids Mi i have to get 4 new jungle jims due to new mowers im sick of re building them once a year!

Richard Martin
03-03-2012, 03:32 AM
My apologies on the BOP Step Saver. It is a articulating design, not castering as I had earlier stated. Trimmer Tap's Bull Rider DM-1 is a castering sulky.

http://www.advancedmower.com/trimmertrap/images/dm-1/DM1_spec-1.jpg

yardguy28
03-03-2012, 08:14 AM
When the mower turns this sulky trailers, ie: It articulates. The BOP sulky has casters on it so you're always right behind the controls. It can be a pain in the rear to not be directly behind the controls.

can't really see how its a pain with a "trailering" sulky, but ok......

GMLC
03-03-2012, 08:23 AM
The down fall of trailering sulkys is when backing up you get all twisted up. The fixed sulkys work more like a stander and your position never changes.
Posted via Mobile Device

yardguy28
03-03-2012, 08:26 AM
The down fall of trailering sulkys is when backing up you get all twisted up. The fixed sulkys work more like a stander and your position never changes.
Posted via Mobile Device

now that i agree with. but it being a pain when turning to not be directly behind the controls??? don't see it :confused:

knox gsl
03-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I don't see the big deal with a trailering sulky. I have one that is great and can run full speed in reverse while stamding on it (takes some practice).
Posted via Mobile Device

davidcalhoun
03-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Cushioned Ride = "...improves the quality of cut". Please explain.

DoetschOutdoor
03-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Can't beat the bull rider sulky!

KristinStephan
03-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Thank you! and yes all of our products are manufactured in the US:)The quick coupling is slick. No more messing with pins, washers and hairclips.:usflag:

KristinStephan
03-05-2012, 11:19 AM
You got it! All products that we make are based on experience in that particular profession. We don't start marketing any of our products until they have been tested for at least one full season.

Kage is a spin off of a large lawn care outfit in mn. They most likely have been prefecting the sulky with their crews (I believe they employ over 60) over the years. Decent company by the couple employees I have talked to.
Posted via Mobile Device

KristinStephan
03-05-2012, 11:21 AM
ha ha! Thanks! We definitely strive to have the best quality products on the market:)

if it is built like their push box it's 1 solid peace
I wouldn't be surprised if it out last the mower
Posted via Mobile Device

KristinStephan
03-05-2012, 11:26 AM
You all bring up some great questions and concerns. We are working on a video that should be up in the near future. This video should answer most or all of your questions and or concerns.

Thanks!

Patriot Services
03-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Did I miss the price and available date?
Posted via Mobile Device

KristinStephan
03-05-2012, 11:56 AM
I sent you a PM.

Did I miss the price and available date?
Posted via Mobile Device

jaybow
03-05-2012, 02:27 PM
I am also interested in the price and availability, I am in Taylor, Mi.

OneLineAtATime
03-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Whats the price??

LR3
03-05-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm interested as well Kristin. Price etc please.
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
03-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Its a nice piece, but at 500 it would be more than I paid for the wb I would put it on. Like putting nice rims on a Geo.
Posted via Mobile Device

jaybow
03-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Its a nice piece, but at 500 it would be more than I paid for the wb I would put it on. Like putting nice rims on a Geo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, a little pricey, but it looks nice, and the tires look bigger then any ive seen, and I'm 6"2 around 218lbs, so it may help with rutting, and a smoother ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

KristinStephan
03-05-2012, 08:22 PM
LOL true! Let us know when you move up to a full size sedan

Posted via Mobile Device

KristinStephan
03-05-2012, 08:25 PM
I think this is a case of "you get what you pay for". The initial cost may be a little higher than the competition. I think you will see very quickly how that extra money spent up front quickly pays for itself 10 fold when you are no longer spending your money both in man hours and costly repairs. :)

ecurbthims
03-05-2012, 08:45 PM
the pto parts its made from are tough ,it should last a long time in this application .How heavy is it?

DUSTYCEDAR
03-05-2012, 08:50 PM
it looks well built and its not that much more then others

whaler's Mow-Town
03-05-2012, 10:39 PM
the pto parts its made from are tough ,it should last a long time in this application .How heavy is it?

Imma jump in here cause I got too dang many years of experience dealing with the notorious gansters (YES I said Gansters) that create and manufacture sulkys. I call them gangsters because they are shifty and just like when you go the Kage site....you get very little information and you have to confront someone to get a price or even how heavy the damn thing is.

I personally hate (and I fling that word about lightly) jungle wheels (A.K.A. Junkgle Wheels). I really dont know what kinda metal on metal, friction purgatory they are living in over there at Junkgle Jim's but they built the most maintenance needy, part devouring P.O.S. my mower has ever had the chore of dragging around. I was forced to use them for almost 7 years with my company's previous owner and hated it the entire time. Everyday greasing, flat tires and overall sloppy except when they are new. After that, they make Jungle Jim rich for parts sales. Maybe I am prejudice but Jungle Wheels = #Fail

On to Proslide XT, Every Friday when I would be sitting there waiting on the boss to cut my check, I would peruse the latest Lawn and Landscape mag and I would always see the Proslide ad. They looked cool and I thought they probably were. When I bought the company in 2008, I bought a used Proslide for 250 bucks. Drove to San Antonio to get it. I was stoked and it worked well generally everyday I had it. I recommend one to anyone that needs a sulky unless you own a gear drive John Deere walk behind.

Thats where I lost my cool with Novae Corp. (Proslide makers) and John Deere. Novae Corp makes the statement that their product is the only sulky that will not void your John Deere warranty. Ummmmmm after a gearbox goes ka-blooey on my John Deere walk behind.....all the sudden John Deere has an issue with my sulky and doesnt want to honor the warranty....I direct them to Novae Corp. which in turn acted like a buncha asses and blew the whole situation off. I LOVE PROSLIDE XT.....I only wish their people had enough BALLS to step up for me and say NO it wasnt our product. #FAIL

On to the Kage dooma hickey....ummm what was it....uhhh oooh yea...another SULKY!

So how heavy is it and will it make a warranty quake in its boots?

KristinStephan
03-06-2012, 01:25 PM
You are right the weight is not on our website. We will make that change soon. The weight is 55lbs.

Richard Martin
03-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Let's see here... On the issue of pricing...

We got a whole lot of people asking...
We got 2 people that say it's not that much more or "it's a little pricey"...
And a manufacturer that isn't answering the question...

KristinStephan
03-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Sorry, I have answered the people directly that have asked for pricing. The current price is $500.

Greyst1
03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
WOW, 500.00 is over priced. I'm sorry but it is what it is. A pro one sulky is only 370. For me looking at this for 5 bones, i would put it towards a stander.

I'm a big believer of the right tool for the right job, sulkies fit a need but most people graduate to a Ztr or stander. I would this at 500, it's going to push people to a stander or Ztr. If your product was 300, i would say it's competitive. For, 4-5K for a walk, plus another 500 for a sulky, i'm buying a stander all day long.

GMLC
03-06-2012, 09:56 PM
500 is more than I expected.
Posted via Mobile Device

whaler's Mow-Town
03-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Are there any mower manufacturers that are backing this product?

I like the looks of the bearing setup...trailer bearings on a sulky are a way better idea than what I have seen on other sulkys.

Some of the stuff on this sulky are just plain ol cookie cutter sulky stuff but then you lkook around and notice how it mounts to the mower......ummm does any mower have holes pre drilled where that mount mates up?

awwww man...and dont tell me that crazy permanently attached knuckle on the mount just dangles there when you do a quick release on the sulky?? Holy Crappers Batman... I think you just reinvented the wheel.

The spring suspension.....another idea I really like if Junkle Jims hadnt already beat me outta my knees. I like the idea and would try it in hopes that it works as well as it is crazy looking :dizzy: IDK if I even said that right :dizzy:

I really dont care what sulky it is...if it could stand up to the beating I put down when I go to north padre island and mow in what seems like desert sands conditions, I would buy it. That place is crazy rough on equipment.

Richard Martin
03-07-2012, 03:20 AM
500 is more than I expected.

Really? I actually thought it would be more money. Between the machined coupler and all of the parts and work that go into building it, that's not a bad price. Compared to every other sulky out there, it's way high, but not when you think about what went into it.

GMLC
03-07-2012, 06:14 AM
Really? I actually thought it would be more money. Between the machined coupler and all of the parts and work that go into building it, that's not a bad price. Compared to every other sulky out there, it's way high, but not when you think about what went into it.

True, I does look well built. But it still needs to be competively priced. My sulkeys now last a good 5 years of hard use and I could almost buy two for 500. Of course by then my WB is almost ready to be replaced!
Posted via Mobile Device

KristinStephan
03-29-2012, 11:29 AM
As promised here is the video!! Enjoy:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgIw3oWZIlo

Durabird02
03-29-2012, 12:29 PM
I had a "non-trailering" sulky and it was very nice for backing up. In the video, you show a competitors sulky getting stuck under the mower as if you have a solution to that problem but you never show yours backing up.

The issue of always "being behind the controls" is a valid point but may not be an issue for some people. When you turn the WB with a "trailering" sulky, your arm away from the way you are turning does have to be extended and could cause manuevering issues, but only for the less experienced operators. I would not buy a sulky that "trailers" after owning one that stays fixed behind the mower.

TriCountyLawn
03-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Are there any plans for non trailer type Kage sulky ? Id love to field test one with my hydro walkbehind!

lawnguy27
03-29-2012, 02:15 PM
In the video you never showed the wheel kaddy backing up. Have any input Kristin?

jaybow
03-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Its shows it backing up
Posted via Mobile Device

jaybow
03-29-2012, 02:53 PM
OK, upon viewing the video, I noticed the sulkys left to right pivoting is to close to the sulky. This will cause the sulky to jerk left and right on bumpy terrain, this needs to be changed.(
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnguy27
03-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Its shows it backing up
Posted via Mobile Device
Not the Kage wheel kaddy... They show a competitors but not the wheel kaddy.

specialtylc
03-29-2012, 06:26 PM
I just ordered one of these sulkies. Looks pretty good to me. yea $500 is alot but $350 for one that all the pivot points are shot in 4 months is alot of cash too. I actually modified a sulky a couple years ago using the tractor PTO u joints similar to the Kage. My engneering wasnt the greatest but I knew I was on the right track. I prefer the trailer type sulky over the caster wheel type because the caster wheel ones are too long in the corners and they dont track behind the mower. Outside wheel swings too wide and goes off the lawn into stuff. Like shrub bed, building, curbs ,etc..
We use only Hustler WB so keeping both hands on the controls is not an issue. Can operate with one hand easily.

KristinStephan
03-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! Yes the you can back up with the Wheel Kaddy, why it's not shown in the video I'm not sure. I have had quite a few people ask this so I will see if we can get that footage and get it into the video.

KristinStephan
04-25-2012, 11:07 AM
The Wheel Kaddy backing up has been added to the video. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BueUirqRT0Y&context=C4de55c2ADvjVQa1PpcFMwX5AD6gzmCPRdtr4z0g9B8LUwONdIeAM=

johnwright238
04-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Absolute genus! All American made to boot!

StanWilhite
04-25-2012, 03:14 PM
The Wheel Kaddy backing up has been added to the video. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BueUirqRT0Y&context=C4de55c2ADvjVQa1PpcFMwX5AD6gzmCPRdtr4z0g9B8LUwONdIeAM=

Looks like a well engineered piece of eqp. It appears to be well thought out and made from quality material.

I had to laugh though when I saw the operator fumbling around when "trying" to back up with a sulke from another manufacturer. I wonder how many "takes" it took to make it look that awkward and cumbersome?! :laugh:

Richard Martin
04-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Looks like a well engineered piece of eqp. It appears to be well thought out and made from quality material.

I had to laugh though when I saw the operator fumbling around when "trying" to back up with a sulke from another manufacturer. I wonder how many "takes" it took to make it look that awkward and cumbersome?! :laugh:

Watching this video reminds of that tv commercial that was on about 10 years ago. It features a guy with a grass trimmer and he gets the line all wrapped around his self while he fumbles with respooling the head.

Any experienced operator will be able to make any sulky perform at the same level as the Kage sulky.

And I don't think they could have found an older sulky to compare it to. My Velke is 7 years old and still has very little play in it. Even the wheel.

fatboynormmie
04-25-2012, 05:23 PM
I agree with Richard Martin 100 %. My velkes have held up very good as well.I like the beefy design but I hate how in the stowed position it's in the way.I know you could just drop it off the mower but there are several sections in yards I mow where my velke is dropped or lifted in multiple different areas on the same property. In the video the Kage backing up looked difficult to control side to side just like my velke x2 but the x2 allows the whole platform to perform a 360 under the attachment bar .The Kage just goes to the stops at a 90 degree angle. Allowing the platform to turn the 360 really helps in the tight spots so you can't jack knife the mower and rip up turf.BTW my single wheel velke is the way easier to back up with compared to the x2 .Theres little side to side shimmy on the single compared to alot of side to side shimmy on the x2. In the stowed position the x2 has a v in the platform and if you flip the platform in the right way the v part of the platform will cradle into the arm and keeping the platform from swinging in the stowed position .It actually locks the x2 in place.

StanWilhite
04-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Watching this video reminds of that tv commercial that was on about 10 years ago. It features a guy with a grass trimmer and he gets the line all wrapped around his self while he fumbles with respooling the head.

Any experienced operator will be able to make any sulky perform at the same level as the Kage sulky.

And I don't think they could have found an older sulky to compare it to. My Velke is 7 years old and still has very little play in it. Even the wheel.

I remember the commercial you're referring to...maybe the same producer did both! It's a "little" overdone, but I guess it drives the point home. :laugh:

larryinalabama
05-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Looks good 500$ is ok, my bop was 400$. I have a mower with jungle wheels and may look into replaceing them with this unit.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
05-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Interesting product. I need a sulky for my TTHP 36 (right now I am huffing it).
Toss up on the articulating vs swivel wheel.....

cgaengineer
05-04-2012, 06:18 AM
Somehow I missed the part about how this sulky is any better than any other sulky, why it might last longer, or how it will pay for it's self. The one thing I did notice is that it looks like it's expensive.

I dont guess they have ever seen or used a Toro TruTrac...tough as nails and by far the best sulky made IMHO.
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
05-04-2012, 06:51 AM
http://www.toro.com/professional/lce/midsize/tf_fixedhydro/access_sulky.html
Posted via Mobile Device

larryinalabama
05-06-2012, 10:23 AM
I dont guess they have ever seen or used a Toro TruTrac...tough as nails and by far the best sulky made IMHO.
Posted via Mobile Device

How much is on of those? Would it fit an older Ferris 36?

cgaengineer
05-06-2012, 10:27 AM
How much is on of those? Would it fit an older Ferris 36?

It's around the same price as the one discussed here but 10x better IMHO. It would have to be adapted to fit but I've seen them on an Exmark which they were not designed for.
Posted via Mobile Device

herler
05-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Anytime a price isn't listed it means I have to ask...
And, if I have to ask it means I can't afford it.
4 pages of Hemming and Hawing about the issue simply translates to more clues all going the same direction.
I get it, this one's fixing to cost an arm and a leg.

That having been said I'm sure it's nice and all but I paid right around $125 for mine, scratch and dent.

Posted via Mobile Device

Yuuuup !!!

Omg I have to admit even I am shocked at that thou.
Guess I must have had time to waste.

Kingfish
05-22-2012, 03:24 PM
i'm trying to order one now from justin in mass.i'll let you know how it is.its going on a ferris dd.the bearings,tire size and suspension sold me.

Kingfish
05-22-2012, 04:14 PM
i'm trying to order one now from justin in mass.i'll let you know how it is.its going on a ferris dd.the bearings,tire size and suspension sold me.

Should get it friday:) thanks justin:)

Hansen's Lawn Care
05-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Well I've got to say those look pretty tough. I might have to pick one of those up for my 48" Lesco.

larryinalabama
05-22-2012, 08:17 PM

Give us a review, Im thinking of geting one

mowcrazy
05-22-2012, 11:19 PM
I cant believe you all think 500 is to much. For something that is going to HELP (maybe not completely fix) the shock that all of us take on these other sulkys, I don't think an extra couple hundred bucks is to bad.

Im only 30 and Ive been in business for several years. I loved the exmark tt60's and thats what our primary mowers were but when you rode behind one all day 4-5 days per week, it really put a hurting on my back, knees and ankles which is why we decided to got to sit down ztr's. If this helped on this issue even a little bit its worth 500 all day long for me. Ive done made up my mind I will be getting one of these next to try out but not until my jungle wheels get worn out on the 48 viking we have. The jungle wheels last us about 2 years and then its time for new one.

By the way, with some practice its super easy to back any trailering 2 wheel suly. I (along with my 2 employees) can back up very easily with our jungle wheels. Just like backing a trailer behind a truck but in the event you jack knife the jungle wheels, you have a broken ankle!!! LOL Never happened to us before but weve pretty much decided that it could very easily break a mans ankle if not careful. Looks like the STOPS they have put on this one will prevent that.

It looks pretty nice, I cant wait to here some reviews!!!!!!!

Kingfish
05-24-2012, 06:06 PM

Kristin

Do you use tubeless tires or tires with tubes? Also is there grease in the tire bearings?

Hansen's Lawn Care
05-24-2012, 09:23 PM
I have a question...on the "Kage Wheel Kaddy" video it claimed walk behinds with hydro and a sulky are more productive/efficient than zero turns. Does anyone believe that to be true?

Roger
05-25-2012, 06:30 AM
I have a question...on the "Kage Wheel Kaddy" video it claimed walk behinds with hydro and a sulky are more productive/efficient than zero turns. Does anyone believe that to be true?

There are way too many variables to make blanket assessments. I have a w/b, sometimes using a sulky, sometimes not. I also have a ZTR. In some circumstances, the ZTR seems like a tank, just not productive for the task over the w/b. In other cases, the ZTR is way more productive than the w/b, even with a sulky. I often don't use the sulky on the w/b because it makes the w/b too cumbersome.

Maybe other LCOs have properties that are nearly identical. In my case, none are alike, and what works for one does not work for another.

Mark Oomkes
05-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Imma jump in here cause I got too dang many years of experience dealing with the notorious gansters (YES I said Gansters) that create and manufacture sulkys. I call them gangsters because they are shifty and just like when you go the Kage site....you get very little information and you have to confront someone to get a price or even how heavy the damn thing is.

I personally hate (and I fling that word about lightly) jungle wheels (A.K.A. Junkgle Wheels). I really dont know what kinda metal on metal, friction purgatory they are living in over there at Junkgle Jim's but they built the most maintenance needy, part devouring P.O.S. my mower has ever had the chore of dragging around. I was forced to use them for almost 7 years with my company's previous owner and hated it the entire time. Everyday greasing, flat tires and overall sloppy except when they are new. After that, they make Jungle Jim rich for parts sales. Maybe I am prejudice but Jungle Wheels = #Fail

On to Proslide XT, Every Friday when I would be sitting there waiting on the boss to cut my check, I would peruse the latest Lawn and Landscape mag and I would always see the Proslide ad. They looked cool and I thought they probably were. When I bought the company in 2008, I bought a used Proslide for 250 bucks. Drove to San Antonio to get it. I was stoked and it worked well generally everyday I had it. I recommend one to anyone that needs a sulky unless you own a gear drive John Deere walk behind.

Thats where I lost my cool with Novae Corp. (Proslide makers) and John Deere. Novae Corp makes the statement that their product is the only sulky that will not void your John Deere warranty. Ummmmmm after a gearbox goes ka-blooey on my John Deere walk behind.....all the sudden John Deere has an issue with my sulky and doesnt want to honor the warranty....I direct them to Novae Corp. which in turn acted like a buncha asses and blew the whole situation off. I LOVE PROSLIDE XT.....I only wish their people had enough BALLS to step up for me and say NO it wasnt our product. #FAIL

On to the Kage dooma hickey....ummm what was it....uhhh oooh yea...another SULKY!

So how heavy is it and will it make a warranty quake in its boots?

I'm with you on the Junk Wheels. In the past year or so, something happened to their quality, and it wasn't for the better. Tires, bearings, bushings, tubes etc; every part of these things are crap now. We've had a couple that haven't made it 2 days before the bearings are gone. Tires blowing out the sidewalls in less than a week.

I have to carry a spare one with me so when it breaks, I don't have to walk the rest of the day.

Let's see here... On the issue of pricing...

We got a whole lot of people asking...
We got 2 people that say it's not that much more or "it's a little pricey"...
And a manufacturer that isn't answering the question...

So, $500 for one or $6-700 for one plus a spare. Hmmmmm

All depends. Wide open areas, no way in the world. Areas with obstacles or hills, absolutely.

Kingfish
05-29-2012, 06:01 PM
still no wheel kaddy--------:cry:

Patriot Services
05-29-2012, 06:27 PM
still no wheel kaddy--------:cry:

Are you saying you bought one and it didn't arrive yet?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kingfish
05-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Are you saying you bought one and it didn't arrive yet?
Posted via Mobile Device

YES :cry:-----

Patriot Services
05-29-2012, 06:48 PM
YES :cry:-----

How long have you been waiting?
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
05-29-2012, 06:56 PM
How long have you been waiting?

He ordered it last Tuesday the 22nd. It's only been 4 working days.

Kingfish
05-29-2012, 07:04 PM

we shall see. how long will you wait mister rider owner ?

Kingfish
05-29-2012, 07:19 PM

Now that i have time for you. WHO SAID YOU CAN ANSWER FOR ME:confused:DID YOU PUT UP ANY MONEY OR JUST YOUR MOUTH:confused:

Now go ride your chopper:laugh: punk

Richard Martin
05-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Now that i have time for you. WHO SAID YOU CAN ANSWER FOR ME:confused:DID YOU PUT UP ANY MONEY OR JUST YOUR MOUTH:confused:

Now go ride your chopper:laugh: punk

I don't know who pissed in your Cheerios but don't take it out on me.

If you want to have a private conversation between you two guys then take to PM. Otherwise, a question asked is a question answered. No more, no less.

Richard Martin
05-29-2012, 07:38 PM
we shall see. how long will you wait mister rider owner ?

BTW, I also have 2 Ferris walkbehinds.

Kingfish
05-29-2012, 07:46 PM
BTW, I also have 2 Ferris walkbehinds.

YOUR BEHIND THEM FOR EIGHT HOURS LIKE WE ARE:confused: LIKE I SAID!!!!!! GET ON YOUR OVERPRICED CRAFTSMAN AND RIDE:laugh: PUNK

Kingfish
05-29-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't know who pissed in your Cheerios but don't take it out on me.

If you want to have a private conversation between you two guys then take to PM. Otherwise, a question asked is a question answered. No more, no less.

who put you as a moderator:confused: punk.now stay out of the thread unless you put you money where your feet are:walking: punk

Richard Martin
05-29-2012, 08:29 PM
YOUR BEHIND THEM FOR EIGHT HOURS LIKE WE ARE:confused: LIKE I SAID!!!!!! GET ON YOUR OVERPRICED CRAFTSMAN AND RIDE:laugh: PUNK

I started in 1994. I bought my first walk behind in 1996. I bought my first sulky in 2000. So yeah, I've spent my fair share of time both walking and riding a sulky.

Richard Martin
05-29-2012, 08:30 PM
who put you as a moderator:confused: punk.now stay out of the thread unless you put you money where your feet are:walking: punk

Why are you doing so much :cry:? Is that normal for a New Yorker?

cgaengineer
05-29-2012, 08:48 PM

Probably...we have em here and they are rude.

That being said, the Toro TruTrac is where it's at. Built like a tank...folds, can backup and two pins remove it for walking...and if tire goes flat on one side I've been known to finish the day using one side only.
Posted via Mobile Device

GMLC
05-29-2012, 08:51 PM

I would be crying too if I dropped 500 clams on a sulky!
Posted via Mobile Device

Kingfish
05-30-2012, 04:27 PM
I would be crying too if I dropped 500 clams on a sulky!
Posted via Mobile Device

Its not the money,i was told Friday or Monday. Monday was a holiday so i figured Tuesday. well up to now no wheel kaddy,i really want to try this one.i was looking at getting all riders this year because all the sulkies we use are junk,i dont care what they cost or who makes them. I HAVE TRIED THEM ALL.i'm going to make a phone call tomorrow if i dont get it later today.

Mark Oomkes
05-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Just ordered a couple today. I would expect early next week.

Kingfish
05-30-2012, 05:35 PM

I had to go threw a distributor. you get to deal direct with the company. let me know how you like them if i dont get my wheel kaddy by the time you do.

Kingfish
05-30-2012, 05:43 PM
I had to go threw a distributor. you get to deal direct with the company. let me know how you like them if i dont get my wheel kaddy by the time you do.

GOT IT!!!!! Gave the ups girl a 20 buck tip.Looks good just like i thought it would.BIG TIRES BIG TIRES:)

cgaengineer
05-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Its not the money,i was told Friday or Monday. Monday was a holiday so i figured Tuesday. well up to now no wheel kaddy,i really want to try this one.i was looking at getting all riders this year because all the sulkies we use are junk,i dont care what they cost or who makes them. I HAVE TRIED THEM ALL.i'm going to make a phone call tomorrow if i dont get it later today.

Did you try a TruTrak?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kingfish
05-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Did you try a TruTrak?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes i did about 10 years ago.

Kingfish
05-31-2012, 01:55 PM
its a keeper :)

KristinStephan
05-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Hey there! I am assuming since you ordered these questions have been answered? but if not and for anyone else wondering. The tires have tubes and yes there is grease in the bearings. Kristin

Do you use tubeless tires or tires with tubes? Also is there grease in the tire bearings?

Mark Oomkes
05-31-2012, 03:08 PM

Canceled my order today...........because I have a local dealer.

Thanks Kristin, they will be here in tomorrow AM.

cgaengineer
05-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Yes i did about 10 years ago.

On what mower?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kingfish
05-31-2012, 06:07 PM
On what mower?
Posted via Mobile Device

Toro T bar.

cgaengineer
05-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Toro T bar.

You didn't like it? Using it on a tbar would not be my my first choice.
Posted via Mobile Device

TriCountyLawn
05-31-2012, 06:42 PM
How long has the tru-trak been around. My toro dealer said nothing of it when I almost went with a hydro 48 in 06'

cgaengineer
05-31-2012, 08:42 PM
How long has the tru-trak been around. My toro dealer said nothing of it when I almost went with a hydro 48 in 06'

That's what I was thinking too...I don't think he tried one. Anyone who has tried one loves em. I did get mine in 07 though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mark Oomkes
06-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Canceled my order today...........because I have a local dealer.

Thanks Kristin, they will be here in tomorrow AM.

I lied, they showed up last night. One is mounted, we'll do the other this AM since it's raining.

So far, the overall feel is completely different, way more solid than even a brand new Junk Wheel.

Kingfish
06-01-2012, 06:22 AM
I lied, they showed up last night. One is mounted, we'll do the other this AM since it's raining.

So far, the overall feel is completely different, way more solid than even a brand new Junk Wheel.

:laugh: this is what i thought:laugh: wait till you dont need to grease the wheels:) OH Mark did you get a new bible?

Kingfish
06-12-2012, 07:52 AM
so far so good :)

Kingfish
06-14-2012, 05:45 PM
i told my maintenance guy to make sure he greases the wheels on the new sulky:) he runs over with the grease gun then stops:confused: we dont do this on this one:) i:) said isn't it nice:)

Thanks Kage:cool2:

Green-Man
11-29-2012, 10:03 PM
how has it been treating you kingfish? :usflag:

specialtylc
11-29-2012, 10:40 PM
I bought one this spring. The foot platform broke at both axle mounting points after about 2 months. Called Kage and they sent me a new updated replacement, no cost. Only other problem is the U joint bearings are shot after 6 months. The U joint I see is going to be a yearly replacment. Wish they had some kind of a fender on them. When mowing in the rain , your feet and legs get soaked.

Kingfish
11-30-2012, 05:40 AM
how has it been treating you kingfish? :usflag:

Zero Problems:)

Green-Man
11-30-2012, 06:26 AM
Zero Problems:)

Awesome! Do u see any disadvantages? This product looks great! I like how it's all American made
Posted via Mobile Device

brianslawncare
12-02-2012, 04:26 PM
i would like to try one? what is the cost? does it fold up for transport?

Kingfish
12-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Awesome! Do u see any disadvantages? Posted via Mobile Device

None so far :)

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Any updates re the Kage sulky? Problems? I need a sulky and these are made homestate to me.

Mark Oomkes
04-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Any updates re the Kage sulky? Problems? I need a sulky and these are made homestate to me.

I don't remember exactly what the issue was, but we did have one break, but Kage and our dealer backed it up without any hassles and fixed the weak area. No problem since then, which was mid summer.

I highly recommend them.