PDA

View Full Version : Another Cheetah question

Curtis
03-02-2012, 05:36 PM
With the light front end will it still be possible to run a grass catcher on the back ? I guess the fold down ropes won't be any problem. Trying to see how versatile this machine might be. I have some big yards that are kinda rough don't know if the speed would help out or not. Those run flats on the front end might need to be pneumatic to smooth that ride out.

orangemower
03-02-2012, 05:40 PM
The bagger kit comes with a weight bar setup to be installed on the front to help counter the added weight off the back. I have air filled on the front and run them as low as possible. It really helps the ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

weeze
03-02-2012, 05:44 PM
my jd has semi-pneumatic tires on the front and i have no suspension seat or anything. it's fine to me but i usually mow around 8-9mph or so. having the suspension platform on the cheetah i wouldn't think the run flat tires would be a problem.

Ridin' Green
03-02-2012, 06:09 PM
my jd has semi-pneumatic tires on the front and i have no suspension seat or anything. it's fine to me but i usually mow around 8-9mph or so. having the suspension platform on the cheetah i wouldn't think the run flat tires would be a problem.

Unless you've run a machine with a set of pneumatics on the front, you won't believe what a difference they make. I believe that they make as much, or more of a difference than a suspension seat/platform can/does. Especially when you find the sweet spot to run them at. I was looking hard at a TT, but just found a smokin' deal ona Z950, so next week I believe I will close that deal instead. I have already talked to the dealer about having pneumatics installed on the front. My Z720 rides 10 times better than that 960 I ran last fall did with the run flats on it.

RTR Landscaping
03-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Scag's grass catchers come with suitcase weights to balance the front end. They work on all Scag models.

weeze
03-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Unless you've run a machine with a set of pneumatics on the front, you won't believe what a difference they make. I believe that they make as much, or more of a difference than a suspension seat/platform can/does. Especially when you find the sweet spot to run them at. I was looking hard at a TT, but just found a smokin' deal ona Z950, so next week I believe I will close that deal instead. I have already talked to the dealer about having pneumatics installed on the front. My Z720 rides 10 times better than that 960 I ran last fall did with the run flats on it.

i had pneumatics on the husqvarna i used at the beginning of last season. i'm sure it helps some i just wouldn't wanna deal with those tires coming off the bead down the road and going flat. i wouldn't go with pneumatics ever again but that's just me. a suspension seat would make up for it. i don't have either and i'm doing ok. :laugh:

StanWilhite
03-02-2012, 10:58 PM
unless you've run a machine with a set of pneumatics on the front, you won't believe what a difference they make. I believe that they make as much, or more of a difference than a suspension seat/platform can/does. Especially when you find the sweet spot to run them at. i was looking hard at a tt, but just found a smokin' deal ona z950, so next week i believe i will close that deal instead. I have already talked to the dealer about having pneumatics installed on the front. My z720 rides 10 times better than that 960 i ran last fall did with the run flats on it.

amen........

orangemower
03-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Run flats are hard on the frame as well as your body. I see Jason doesn't have this problem. He's in a league of his own I guess. Heck, he doesn't even have a suspension seat and thinks it rides smooth as butter. I've had one front tire pop the bead. Within 5 minutes I had it aired up and going again. I'll take that over a cracked frame or beat up body any day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
03-03-2012, 07:27 PM
i had pneumatics on the husqvarna i used at the beginning of last season. i'm sure it helps some i just wouldn't wanna deal with those tires coming off the bead down the road and going flat. i wouldn't go with pneumatics ever again but that's just me. a suspension seat would make up for it. i don't have either and i'm doing ok. :laugh:

That's just because you're a young guy yet Jason. Just wait until you have a few more years on you. WOW! It hurts just tying my shoes some days.:laugh:

weeze
03-03-2012, 08:51 PM
36 isn't young!!! :laugh:

Ridin' Green
03-03-2012, 09:04 PM
36 isn't young!!! :laugh:

It is to me. :eek:

orangemower
03-03-2012, 09:26 PM
36 is young. Wait til you hit 50.
Posted via Mobile Device

weeze
03-03-2012, 11:16 PM
come on guys toughen up a bit the season is about to start.

:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

orangemower
03-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Lol you're funny. I'm ready to do 10hr days. Unlike your 5.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
03-04-2012, 01:25 AM
come on guys toughen up a bit the season is about to start.

:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

Man, you're bein' kind hard on us old guys aren't ya? Show some respect young buck. :laugh:

I can honestly say that I have worked extremely hard since I was 11 years old. I was a rough carpenter for 30 years. There's nothing in lawn care that even comes close to being as hard (tough) as that kind of work, and at the pace we always went, believe me. I'm not bragging, just stating the facts. :hammerhead: (that's as close as they have to hammering on here for smilies)

weeze
03-04-2012, 04:24 PM
i'm not young. maybe to you guys. 20 is young to me. heck we have 14 year olds on this site. :D

when i was 25 i ran a trimmer 8-10 hrs a day working for another lawn company. it was rough back then. i couldn't imagine doing that now. :laugh:

i'll tell you this much. lawncare is a walk in the park compared to working at an auto factory.