PDA

View Full Version : Skid Loaders

Greenkeepers
08-08-2000, 09:21 AM
Hey All-

We are in the market for a skid loader. Have been looking at new bobcats and John Deere's. Any Opinions???? What do you run??

Thanks in advance

Mike
Greenkeepers

Guido
08-08-2000, 10:03 AM
Mike, we run 8 Bobcat loaders and 3 bobcat excavators. We have every attatchment melroe makes for both (except that stupid ice scraper thing) I've used them in Guam where the ground is literaly rock and coral, and now run them in Germany where its soft and muddy, so I've put them up to all the tests!! If you have any questions about them just drop me an e-mail.

I know that we kick the living $hit out of them (just look at the pics on my site!!) and they keep on ticking!!! We very very seldom have any problems with them, and when we do, its something the operator did cause he was messing around!! I also have a Gov't sales manual from them, so I can give you ballpark figures as far as the attachments and machines themsleves go. The prices I have are a little high, (cause they juice the gov't!!) But they'll give you an idea.

Lanelle
08-09-2000, 03:45 AM
Please search the landscape forum for 'new skid steer' and 'skid loader'. There are 25 posts on this subject in just those two threads. I used the search icon at the top of the page and it took only a moment to find lots of information on this topic.

Greenkeepers
08-09-2000, 08:37 AM
Thanks Lanelle-

My search wouldn't work yesterday for some reason. It worked this am though. Welcome to the wonderful world of computers :)

Thanks again

Mike
Greenkeepers

little green guy
08-10-2000, 12:51 AM
New Holland is the best period. The are good reliable machines and there boom setup is the only way to go. I use new Hollands all the time and the super boom is the best!

paul
08-10-2000, 01:36 AM
This can be hard to answer but here goes, It all depends on what you are useing it for. If you need to load out high truck then New Holland and J.D. are the way to go, the same for carring around heavy loads and unloading pallets of block or brick. If you need to excavate more than carry, then Bobcat and Case make a great machine.

I've had problems with our new J.D. skid loader, bent the torque tube in the back on the boom, dealer and J.D. fixed it with no charge but it still worries me.

I own 5 Skid loaders(still think the old model NH are the best) They all are good machines main thing is dealer support, will they take care of you.

southside
08-10-2000, 07:47 AM
Over here the popular models would be Bobcat 753,Case 1845,
Mustang 2050 and the Toyota Huski SDK series. New Holland
isn't real popular except for unloading trucks,ect. JD is
only just starting to bring them in. My pick would be the
Bobcat 753. I wasn't real fussed with the Toyota range,not
enough digging power for my liking.

Karl

kenneybros
08-10-2000, 09:45 PM
New Holland.... period!!!
The place i worked had nothing but trouble with the bobcats (863 and 753) The 863 was at the dealer every week! They also have no 8@11s!!! The reason i say New Holland is that ive seen one push over 10 inch whole trees no problem. My jaw really dropped when i saw that!!

little green guy
08-10-2000, 11:24 PM
I backed into an 8" tree one time when we where doing a clearing job and didn't even know I hit the tree till it was almost on the ground. They got some serious power for a little machine!