PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help With My Walker

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-02-2012, 10:39 PM
I have the 9.5 bushel hopper and I use large trash bags to hold all the grass clippings. My question is, how the hell do you empty the hopper into a trash bag without spilling half the hopper. When I do it the bag slips off and then half the hopper is split on the ground and your stuck running back over it to suck all the clippings up. BTW I think the the trash bag are 54x54.

MJB
03-03-2012, 12:26 AM
I have the 9.5 bushel hopper and I use large trash bags to hold all the grass clippings. My question is, how the hell do you empty the hopper into a trash bag without spilling half the hopper. When I do it the bag slips off and then half the hopper is split on the ground and your stuck running back over it to suck all the clippings up. BTW I think the the trash bag are 54x54.

I had a custom made bag that I could hook on and dump into with some spillage at times. That was the 7Bushel hopper. I would contact Walker about making some plastic inserts that you could just pull out. Otherwise the lift dump would be an option.

bamaturf
03-03-2012, 10:09 AM
hook the bags over or around those round black donut bumpers. just hold bag
back w/ 1 hand rake out w/ other. we use 2 bags per dump so they are not so
ball bustin heavy. get ur bags @ janitorial supply 43 x 48 box of 200. they need
at least 43 wide so u can loop over the roller bumpers

jeffscap
03-03-2012, 01:00 PM

Put the bags in a 34gal brute container then just slide it in.

Mahoney3223
03-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Get a LAWN BAGG, I get them from my dealer. it's $45.00 and it will fit perfectly behind the Walker. It will take two guys too lift it up in the truck. That or buy the Walker grass bins. I think they'll run 200 or so and you can lift those yourself. You can buy those lawn baggs from landscaperpro.com and order them.

fireman gus
03-03-2012, 03:40 PM
We use either the grass bins from Walker or rubbermaid tubs thast we dump the grass in and then carry and dump in truck.

SDLandscapes VT
03-03-2012, 05:15 PM
lawn baggs but pricing the bins

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-03-2012, 09:13 PM
o. i think the ones my dealer got need to be a little bit wider so i can hook them around the roller wheels under the hopper and then bring it over the top of the hopper and dump. i think thats what your supposed to do but these need to be like 3 inches bigger. the lawn bags wont work for me because i run a solo operation and i dont have room for them in my trailer and they are only good for two dumps and then you need another one and at 47 dollars a pop, that adds up to get enough to last you a full 12 hours of cutting. so what im doing right now is i just hook the bag on the best that i can and then just keep slowing raising the hopper and then when the bag falls off from the weight of the grass, i just shovel it in. and yeah you not lying, the trash bag full of grass aint light. good thing the trash men run two deep, no way one person could lift it up by them self without the bag busting.

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-03-2012, 09:15 PM
id love to just dup the **** in the bed of my truck, but i dont have no wheres to go just to either pull it out with a tarp or push it out. i have access to dumpsters, but its a pain to shovel that **** out and reeks after its been there for a couple days not to mention if it rains