PDA

View Full Version : Advice for handing out flyers

crazymike
03-03-2012, 12:42 AM
For those who do this task themselves, any tips?

Any tips you have found to be most efficient?

I've thought about skipping houses that look like they might not spend the money, but one of the things I've always been told about sales, never underestimate a prospective customer.

Also as far as routing things out. Go up one side and down the other? Or do an entire block on one side and then hit it again on the other.

Any tips?

Thanks

bustutah
03-03-2012, 10:23 AM
you've got it right.
Also don't put them in the mailbox, don't walk in the flower beds, I just finished my new door hangers with adeasprinting.com they have good prices.
Good luck

crazymike
03-03-2012, 10:39 AM
you've got it right.
Also don't put them in the mailbox, don't walk in the flower beds, I just finished my new door hangers with adeasprinting.com they have good prices.
Good luck

I use a local printer, but thanks.

And walking through flower beds is why I'm doing it myself and not paying a company 5 cents a flyer. I've talked to a few local people and they say they got complaints from customers about the company hanging their post cards.

As for mailbox, is that a law thing? or another reason?

I'm not sure that law applies here in Canada. Most areas don't even have door to door mail delivery, the ones that do, everyone uses the mailbox from paper boy to whatever.

bustutah
03-03-2012, 10:46 AM
The US postal service can/will heavily fine a company for using "their" mailboxes.
The good thing about flyers/door hangers is we can do it in our spare time, we can target neighborhoods that we already have customers in, and we can dress professional. It is suprising how many people watch you drop flyers in their neighborhoods.

I'd stay away from tape it is better to use a cut-out door hanger or I'll be trying this new rubberband system.

crazymike
03-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Turns out, that is not an issue in Canada. Mailbox's are fair game unless that particular town has a bi-law regarding junk mail. My city does not.

ringahding
03-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Every year we hand out post card size flyers.

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad197/ringahding/RingLawnCareFlyerfrtside2011-1.jpg

Tips:
1)Start NOW, even if there is snow on the ground, next month we will be doing spring cleaning, right?
2)Find the neighborhoods you want to work in
3)Write down the streets & towns or cities you are passing flyers out
4)]Come back to the same neighborhoods at least 3 times(3 months in a row)

This flyer is glossy front & back color 2500 for $125 Check this guy out St. Croix Sign (http://www.stcroixsigns.com/postcards.htm), it is hard to justify .5 cents, but once these are in your hand you will see justification will mean nothing. They are thick. I actually use these as my business cards. They are perfect for a customer to put on their refrigerator

Ghopper3345
03-04-2012, 07:58 PM
That's a high price. We can get 10000 flyers front and back full color $270.00
Posted via Mobile Device

ringahding
03-04-2012, 08:22 PM
That's a high price. We can get 10000 flyers front and back full color $270.00
Posted via Mobile Device

That is a good price per flyer...do you have a photo of this flyer? I would be interested in the quality of a flyer that costs 2 cents per. Are these lightweight? Or heavy thick?

A to Z Roof Cleaning
03-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Who makes them for you Ghopper?

Ghopper3345
03-04-2012, 08:57 PM
We do all our in house printing. We ran into problems years ago with other printers. So now we design and print all our stuff
Posted via Mobile Device

pfcjs
03-04-2012, 09:31 PM
We do all our in house printing. We ran into problems years ago with other printers. So now we design and print all our stuff
Posted via Mobile Device

So you print these at home? What type of printer are you running? I'm assuming you're running something bigger then a normal little home printer?

Ghopper3345
03-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Hahaha our landscape company sends out 20000 mailers per month. Not to mention all the other printing we do for other companies. Our main business is landscaping. But we also have a printing company too
Posted via Mobile Device

masonenterprises
03-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Hahaha our landscape company sends out 20000 mailers per month. Not to mention all the other printing we do for other companies. Our main business is landscaping. But we also have a printing company too
Posted via Mobile Device

Ill take 10000 for 270 please. Do you design them for me too? Send me a pm thanks