PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer Z and Kohler Problems

atari83
03-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Exmark has failed yet again. Leaving a valued customer with nothing but a mower frame with no motor. Kohler has failed by not up holding there warranty on a known defect that has plagued the industry. The throttle body seal that everyone has had such problems with on the Briggs and Stratton Vangaurd went bad on a Kohler 27 horse with only 600 hours on the engine and the rings are fried from sucking dirt through it. They put us out with no replacement motor for 2 weeks while we waited on the Kohler rep to come tell us they suck really bad and can't afford to fix there mistakes. I blame this all on poor Dealer representation to the manufacturer and then to not take there customers complaints and problems upon themselves to fix. There is no blames on us because the filters were changed at some times twice every three days. The mower is less than a year old by the way and was well maintained and this is how they treat us.*trucewhiteflag* So we went to Gravely the same day and purchased two new mowers a 52" and a 34". The 52" is the new 460 Gravely and I never thought I would ever say how happy we are with Gravely and the support we got from the dealer. (Han's Lawn Mower Shop) in Slidell, LA

piston slapper
03-03-2012, 05:39 PM
The 27 hp Kohler is not fuel injected, so it has an intake manifold rather than a throttle body.
600 hrs in less than a year is mowing a ton of grass everyday.
Apparently you had an intake gasket failure which would be covered under warranty if the rest of the system has not been compromised. It seems odd that you wouldn't have noticed a loss in power, surging, or running on 1 cylinder before it had time to damage the engine.
Posted via Mobile Device

ricky86
03-04-2012, 04:28 AM
Shame on you Slapper. You know better than to feed the Trolls.

piston slapper
03-04-2012, 07:16 AM
My mistake....

Lawnsite really needs a mobile app. ......not enough information on the pages to
Know how many posts or hits a topic has. I miss my desktop 24 inch monitor..
Posted via Mobile Device

jetta
03-05-2012, 10:31 AM
we tried contacting kohler on 3 of our engine failures many times only to be brushed off with spreading blame and ignoring us. kaw now so far so good