PDA

View Full Version : exmark double jackshaft pulley

peapod1125
03-04-2012, 12:04 PM
I have a 2005 exmark 60 inch deck. I kept slipping the mule belt under the double jackshaft pulley and finally realized the lower lip of it has a ding that bends down. Sometimes when I engage the blades or hit some tuff grass the belt slips and gets stuck.

Is this a tuff fix and I am I better replacing the whole assembly or just the pulley itself? Any tips would be great. Thanks and safe mowing.:usflag:

Floridalandcare
03-04-2012, 01:26 PM
I have a Lazer that the same thing was happening . I tried straightening the pulley but the belt wold still jump under the pulley (Its a pain in the butt getting it out too ). Its an easy fix . I bought a whole new jack-shaft , it came with a new pulley . Put the deck all the way down and remove 4 bolts and it comes right out , put new one in replace bolts and your good to go .

ffemt1271
03-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Lower the deck and strap the handle down(spring loaded), remove the 4 bolts in the chains on the deck, remove mule belt and 1 bolt on each side holding de k strut pin and remove pin. Lift front of mower and the entire deck will roll out from under it. The jackshaft has 1 bolt underneath. When you remove the pulley the shaft will still be in it and will have to be removed to put in the new pulley
Posted via Mobile Device

peapod1125
03-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will be doing it this weekend cause I think the season will be starting early this year. I can typically do most of this stuff myself so I feel good. Thanks again for the help.

peapod1125
04-03-2012, 08:01 AM
:confused:hey all. This change was a really easy one. Thanks for the advise. Now after a couple of weeks mowing, the mule belt is doing what it did before the change. When I engage the pto, the belt slips under the jackshaft pully. If the throttle is to low, the machine kind of jumps ruff and the belt slips off. If the throttle is to high like 3/4 it sometimes works and sometimes slips under the pully. This stinks because, the belt is so worn after pulling it out from uder the pully.

I ckecked the tension adjustment on the right pully and dropped it to give it a little more. The spring is fine, I do not have any idea. Any help would be great! Much appreciated.

Floridalandcare
04-03-2012, 11:31 AM
This may help you . A few months ago I took 1 link out of the 4 chains that hold the deck to the frame ( We cut mostly St.Augistine and the machine would never cut high enough even with the deck all the way up ) . Took the machine out and it cut perfect for us for about a day , then bam the belt jumps under the jack-shft when we engage the blades , went through about 2 belts and i realized that the tensioning pulley and the jack shaft pulley were out of alignment due to lifting the deck that 1 inch from taking a link out of the chains. I realized if we put the deck down then engaged the blades then lift it back up = problem solved . Hope this helps you