PDA

View Full Version : Bookkeeper trust issues???

meets1
03-04-2012, 11:14 AM
I am to the point to where I could justify part time bookkeeper at our office. B/t me and my wife we have thus far done all of this. Sometimes were great, other times were behind entering info but it gets done. I am ready for a large expansion this summer. The new place will have office space, computers etc. Am I ready to move office from house - not sure but I am not sure I want to let someone in our small community start looking over our books. Sure no one is say anything but small town, everyone talks, - its about knowing something so therefore I feel enpowered cuz I know something about someone that you dont type of a thing so therefore I brag it up a little and now everyone knows my business. Any thoughts?

Dr.NewEarth
03-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Get some-one from another town to do the job. You can organize the receipts. They only need them once a month to do the book keeping..

meets1
03-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Thought of that idea. I know a plumber - two man crew that does this. He ways it works great for him.

tntroller
03-04-2012, 07:12 PM
could also check around town to see who is reputable and has a good name in the community. Understand the small town "everybody knows everybody, and everybody talks to everybody" feeling tho.

zturncutter
03-04-2012, 07:40 PM
I am to the point to where I could justify part time bookkeeper at our office. B/t me and my wife we have thus far done all of this. Sometimes were great, other times were behind entering info but it gets done. I am ready for a large expansion this summer. The new place will have office space, computers etc. Am I ready to move office from house - not sure but I am not sure I want to let someone in our small community start looking over our books. Sure no one is say anything but small town, everyone talks, - its about knowing something so therefore I feel enpowered cuz I know something about someone that you dont type of a thing so therefore I brag it up a little and now everyone knows my business. Any thoughts?

Talk to your CPA.