PDA

View Full Version : Aeration Pricing

Green Up
03-04-2012, 04:40 PM
I have a drum aeration that I have been usingfor several years. I am not sure if I am charging enough. What is the average cost per 1k?
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
03-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Wow so for years now you don't know if you're charging enough? I don't charge by the square foot/yard. I charge approximately 3 times the mowing price.
Posted via Mobile Device

jsslawncare
03-04-2012, 05:06 PM
I charge 3x's what I mow for too.

Green Up
03-04-2012, 05:38 PM
I have been charging little over 2 times mowing price. I always having new customer that just want you to aerate only. I have been charging them by the 1 k. I am trying to make sure that I am in line with other LCOse.
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
03-04-2012, 05:38 PM
$15-$20 per k, 5k minimum charge. I honestly shoot for $20 most of the time since I hate doing it with what I have to use.
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
03-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I have been charging little over 2 times mowing price. I always having new customer that just want you to aerate only. I have been charging them by the 1 k. I am trying to make sure that I am in line with other LCOse.
Posted via Mobile Device
You need to call the companies in your area. The market is different anywhere you go.
Posted via Mobile Device

Green Up
03-04-2012, 07:29 PM
THere is no other company here doing it? I have about 70 spraying jobs and cut 400 to 500 yards a year. I do not like doing it either, but there is a niche in the market here foraerating eand spraying. I do want to be fair to obtain more business. However, we are all in the LCO for the money.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jeff Tracey Enterprises
03-05-2012, 04:56 PM
I wont take the aerator off of the trailer for less than $100.00. Go with the 3x the mowing cost formula and if it is an uneven yard or with a bunch of obstacles go 4x the mowing cost. The only thing I figure by the 1000 is when Im pricing Aerating, Seed and Fert all together and then I charge $25-28 per 1000 depending on where the client lives and if theyve been a pain in my ass.... like everyone says, it really all depends on where your at ( North, south, east, west or in the middle.... prices very in each region) because im in an area where we have ghettos and 5 million dollar homes within 2 miles of each other ( Lake Norman NC.)

Reliable 1
03-05-2012, 06:53 PM
During the fall of 2011, I did not take my aerator out of my trailer for less than $200...but that included seeding, aerating, starter fertilizer....and I charged $25 for a soil sample that cost me $19 at JDL. Depending on the soil sample results determined whether I applied lime....which I charged extra for. On average I charged $225. The thing that I factored into my price was what TruGreen and Lawn Doctor were charging....and I reduced mine accordingly but never below what I factored in for my time, gas, material, etc.

cpllawncare
03-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Since there are no other companies in the area, go 3x mowing price and see what happens, if no bites go down a little till you hit your sweet spot just don't go below your absolute minimum for profit price.

WHIPPLE5.7
03-05-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm right around 2.5X mowing.
Posted via Mobile Device