PDA

View Full Version : Help with pics? please

lkendall
03-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Hey guys, My name is Lee and I am the owner of Kendall Scapes LLC. My company has two sides, Roof and exterior cleaning and the other side is property maintenance( i really want this side to become just landscape lighting). Ill be honest im new to the lighting, but its something I really enjoy designing and working with. But I would like to design a section on my website just for landscape lighting, as there are not many in my area on the web. The problem is a need some before and after pictures, does anyone know of any of the photo bank websites that have stock pictures on them? Ive looked around a bit but am having trouble locating them. Or, I know this is asking alot, but does anyone have some pictures I can borrow until I get my own? I'm talking like 2 before and afters, and I can give back-links to your site as well. Any help on this would be a hugeee help! I'm new to lighting, but I am minoring in turf management and spent a semester getting certified for irrigation installation and landscape lighting so Ive got a bit of background with that, I will do your pictures justice! Thanks!

S&MLL
03-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Contact your manufacturer. I know all the big companies have stock photos they will send you. Some via cd some via email.

S&MLL
03-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Never thought of using before/after photos because the before is just a dark house or project.

lkendall
03-04-2012, 08:58 PM
I didn't even think of that! Ill give them a call tomorrow and see what they have to offer, yeah I guess the before and after would have to be at dusk or else it would be pointless. Thanks for the info

starry night
03-06-2012, 06:15 PM
I think it was more a concern about that internet link.

Uniqueilluminator
03-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I think it was more a concern about that internet link.

Yes, I have a feeling that is what did it.

In any case in reply to your message earlier; Joey was great when it came to keeping up with the social media side of the business. I have been here for over eight years and started the teaching program (the name of which I cannot say) with Nate a while back. Keeping up on the forums is a big job that requires constant attention. I look forward to talking with everyone on this site, we have been gone for a while…

Mike Borgeson - the training guy for XXXXXX Lighting Systems

S&MLL
03-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Would be interested to know how things are going over there with your new parent company. I know some things have changed on the north east sales side. Although ive never used more then 20 fixtures a year from xxxxx lighting. I always felt connected to you guys VIA Joey. He checked in a couple months ago and said all was well with his new venture
Posted via Mobile Device

Mark B
03-06-2012, 09:24 PM
He use to be on my FB page. It looks like he is doing great and working it well.

Viewpoint
03-09-2012, 08:03 PM
This bring up an issue I raised last year with a manufacturer who had been using my image in their promotional material. I signed an agreement that they had the rights to use it, but then I saw it in a Horizon (distributor) newsletter/ad. I was a bit shocked to see it used that way, uncredited. The same could theoretically be true of people like Lee, who are just looking for a way to get started. If the manufacturer gives him one of "their" stock photos, and it happens to be one of my projects, I may not be happy about that. Not that he is using one of my photos, but that I was not credited.

By the way, Lee, if you see anything on my site, let me know, and I'll send over the full-res file for you to use, as long as you keep my (small) watermark on it, and give credit where it's due. Once you have a portfolio of your own, you won't need to lean on others' work as much.

Another tip - get involved with the AOLP. You will save yourself years of struggling in the lighting industry by networking with and getting to know the people across the country who are passionate about lighting. I know I have saved myself a lot of time researching products and techniques that I picked up in just 1 conference.

Good Luck!