PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Surcharge Examples

Monty5186
03-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Hi All,

I have decided to implement a fuel surcharge this year for the obvious reasons. I am however, unsure as to how I will be implementing this clause. I would appreciate some examples and advice from others as to how they implement their surcharges to get idea of what would be best for my business.

I know there are a lot of forums about whether or not charge a fuel surcharge, I am simply looking for various ways to determine how to calculate a surcharge that would both ensure my customers understanding and the protection of my bottom line.

Thank you all.

yardguy28
03-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm sure I'll get call a scrub or some will disagree with me but what I did last year was if gas was $4 a gallon or higher for 2 weeks or more out of the month I charged an extra $2 a month.

this season I'm doing the same with one addition. if it reaches $5 a gallon for 2 weeks or more out of the month I charge an extra $3 a month.

this way if gas doesn't reach those amounts my clients don't pay any more than last season.

rollman
03-04-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm sure I'll get call a scrub or some will disagree with me but what I did last year was if gas was $4 a gallon or higher for 2 weeks or more out of the month I charged an extra $2 a month.

this season I'm doing the same with one addition. if it reaches $5 a gallon for 2 weeks or more out of the month I charge an extra $3 a month.

this way if gas doesn't reach those amounts my clients don't pay any more than last season.

Do you bill this as a surcharge listed separate or include it in the price ?

Monty5186
03-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Does anyone from CT have any advice?

Thanks

yardguy28
03-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Do you bill this as a surcharge listed separate or include it in the price ?

surcharge listed separately.