PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu NQR not turning off

geeman
03-04-2012, 09:53 PM
I own 2007 Isuzu nqr that has developed a problem. The engine won't shut down with the key in the off position. It seems to happen only after I engage the pto to operate the dump and try shut off the engine immediately after. If I lower the dump, the engine still will not turn off. The only way I can turn off the engine without pulling the fuse is to drive it for a mile or 2, and if I don't engage the PTO, it shuts down normally. Has anyone ever run into this problem? Thanks

LuckyFlyinROUSH
03-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Out of curiosity will it not turn off if the battery voltage is below a certain point? Could try having jumper cables hooked up to another running truck and then see if you can turn it off to see if it solves the problem.

geeman
03-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Since the hoist for the dump is PTO driven and power comes from the transmission, not the battery, I didn't think to try that, but it's worth a try. If that doesn't work, I'll take it tot the dealer to see if they can find the problem. Thanks

ecurbthims
03-05-2012, 09:59 PM
is the fuel pump mechanical or electronic ? If its mechanical ,can you post a pic of it ?

geeman
03-05-2012, 11:37 PM
The fuel pump is electronic. Apparently, under certain circumstances, the fuel pump is not getting the signal to shut down when the key goes into the off position. It is intermittent. I left it with the dealer for a few days to see if he can re-create the problem and trace it. It didn't happen when I dropped it off this morning - it figures. I just hope we can find the problem before the spring clean-ups start next week. I'd hate for this to be hanging over my head as the season starts.