PDA

View Full Version : How many you all run your business from & store out of a storage facility.

burnsyscapes
03-04-2012, 11:56 PM
I currently store all my equipment at a storage facility and i find that its really hard leaving equipment there, trying to work on things and just being limited to the things i would like to do.

Just seeing what you all do out of a 10x20 box or what ever size you rent.

Salcido Lawn
03-05-2012, 12:06 AM
i did when I first started my business. I agree with you, it's hard to leave my equipment there. I now store everything at my house. I've maxed out what I can store at my house & I'm looking for a new house, with a shop. Look at my trucks in my driveway: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=371773&page=3

spazfam
03-05-2012, 12:13 AM
I Currently use a 12x30 storage unit and find it has worked well so far. My unit has electric so I can do Mtc there without much problem. It also has 24hr security cameras and secure gate etc.

scottslawncareav
03-05-2012, 12:00 PM
I got all my gear in an 8 x 10 storage container next to my mobile home. I just hate having to unlock both of my locks when im tired.

Get Some...
03-05-2012, 03:15 PM
I have a 27x30 double overhead door storage unit.

Electric included. One outlet, but thats all I need.

Good lighting.

Security gate.

24 hour access.

$204.00 per month. :)

orangemower
03-05-2012, 03:25 PM
If I had to store my everyday equipment at a storage facility I would find another job. I use a 22x22 shop/garage at my house. My neighbors don't have any problem with me running out of my house as a business. It helps I plow their driveways in the winter. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
03-05-2012, 06:48 PM
I just store all my stuff in my one car garage.
Don't ask me how I do it. :laugh:

Get Some...
03-07-2012, 02:29 AM
If I had to store my everyday equipment at a storage facility I would find another job. I use a 22x22 shop/garage at my house. My neighbors don't have any problem with me running out of my house as a business. It helps I plow their driveways in the winter. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I enjoy going to my storage in the morning.

Pop a egg sandwich in the microwave when I get there....have some coffee and make a few calls. Load what I need and go to work.

Really no problem at all. :)

BradfordSil
03-07-2012, 03:28 AM
I Currently use a 12x30 storage unit and find it has worked well so far

JLSLLC
03-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Had a storage unit, felt like my stuff was split up between the house and storage.. Just cleaned it out to save a few bucks..:dancing:: Watching storage wars helped with that:laugh: haha JK

weaver
03-07-2012, 08:40 AM
I find it helps me that way when i drop off the equipment i can get back to my personal life again. That way I'm not bringing my job home with me... And when it comes time for service i just drop the equipment off at home on a Friday and its ready to go come monday... I wouldn't want my garage cluttered all the time...
Posted via Mobile Device