PDA

View Full Version : is lesco the best price

burninbill
12-05-2002, 11:54 AM
I was just wondering if lesco products are evenly priced with competitors pricing? This is my first year spraying and I have been doing a lot of business with lesco. If there is a better place to buy products please let me know.
Thanks
Jon Walker

trimmasters
12-05-2002, 12:01 PM
not by a longshot !!!

We have found other smaller companys where the price is 1/2 that of lesco

devildog
12-05-2002, 04:23 PM
concur, shop around, you'll be surprised. with regards... devildog

greenngrow
12-05-2002, 04:35 PM
BEWARE of Lesco!!!

Shop around you will be surprised to find outjust how high they really are.

If you need some help in finding some places give me a e-mail. I will be glab to give you some places to shop in your area.

KLR
12-05-2002, 06:31 PM
treat ALL vendors as if they were used cars salesmen. bicker and haggle with them, you'll be suprised how the cost of products start to fall.

we deal with 3 differant venors, lesco is one of them. i ask for their 'best' price on a particular product. when they tell me 'this is our best price' i say ok, i'll get back to you after i talk to 2 other vendors, funny how their best price often drops even lower.

we order product 6 weeks in advance so we have time to shop for lowest prices. we are ordering for rnd 1 now, order for rnd 2 at the beginning of rnd 1.

we used to be loyal to one vendor. always figured they were giving us their best prices. when i found out differantly, i started treating them like $10 hookers. now we get great prices and great service from all vendors, but i continue to shop

ant
12-05-2002, 10:03 PM
burn in bill----

kicked some old ones up hope thay help

also see if you can check this one out.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=327425#post327425

anthony

gkell88
12-08-2002, 10:17 PM
Find a local supplier you can get along with, and develop a long term relationship with them. I think this will get the best results over the long run. If you find an honest supplier, he should take care of you.

ant
12-08-2002, 11:02 PM
you thick? it's all about $
anthony

KLMlawn
12-16-2002, 03:27 PM
Never believe the hype from any vendor or dealer that they are giving you the best price. Lesco can give you very good prices, if you fall into one of two catagories, either purchase large volume consistantly (for which ohio dictates your discount) or are on the good side of one of the employees (which they are doing you a favor). As an example, if the Joe off the street price for a bag of fert is say $13, they can still sell it to you for $7 and be making a profit. Honestly, the way to get the best price from Lesco, is to be able to take delivery of full trailers of material, that way you can speak to Ohio (the home office) direct and get bulk pricing and delivery direct and cut out the local stores and the credit to their numbers and bonuses for keeping their sales volume up.

Bunton Guy
05-05-2003, 09:17 PM
What other dealers are there really out there ?? Im in Charlotte NC and have no clue of any other dealers of fert...I have been using strictly lesco products.

lordohturf
05-05-2003, 11:17 PM
A couple of comments:

For those of you who treat your supplier with no trust or shop for
strictly price, you are probably the same guys trying to beat your
competitor out of a buck on his quote.

Compare apples to apples: Roundup is Roundup. You should shop
for the best price. If your dealer is high, tell him to reduce your
price to at least a reasonable difference.

Quality is different. If you are comparing ag fertilizers to a high
quality, slow release fertilizer with micros, then be prepared to pay a reasonable difference for quality( just like you hope your customer would pay more for your expert service!)

Service is King: If you dealer helps you make decisions that give
you value, such as saving time, reducing quantities, reducing
call backs, etc. , you should be willing to pay extra and commit to a long term relationship.

Shop the competition: Keep them ( your dealer) honest. They don't always know what the competition is doing.

YOU SHOULD APPLY THESE PRINCIPLES TO YOUR DEALER WHETHER IT'S LESCO OR NOT. GO WHERE YOU GET THE BEST VALUE, NOT JUST THE CHEAPEST PRICE.

LAWNGODFATHER
05-06-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by lordohturf
GO WHERE YOU GET THE BEST VALUE, NOT JUST THE CHEAPEST PRICE.

I did, then I found even better, just so happens the prices are great.

Only thing I miss is the Momentium, but I can make do without it.