PDA

View Full Version : Help with purchase of new mower (Husq. PZ series)

PROCUTS LAWNCARE
03-05-2012, 09:37 AM
I currently have 2 Cub cadet tanks, 60 and 72 inch models. I am currently looking at selling and purchasing the new husqvarna pz series mowers.

What are your thoughts? I think they look MUCH better built than the new tanks, but I dont know anyone who runs the new PZ series mower.

Any help with info would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks you,
Mario

davidcalhoun
03-05-2012, 10:23 AM
What do you think of commercial John Deere ZTRs?

The Husqvarna PZ will mow just as well at a better price point.

castlerockmo
03-05-2012, 10:46 AM
They are awesome I have the Dixon version. Tuff mower, take alook at the spindle assembly its huge you wont find that on any other mower. The deck Is nice, 7 gauge and cuts like a dream. Ride is great also. They are a well built machine you can go wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

PROCUTS LAWNCARE
03-05-2012, 10:51 AM
I had 2 units in the past... 2003 model 61 inch and a 72 inch tunnel ram deck and it was junk!!! This new model looks AWESOME! Thanks for the info!

Can you purchase a strip kit for these new decks?

Also what size center hole are the blades? 5/8 I hope.......

M

GMLC
03-05-2012, 10:54 AM
I wish more dealers would carry the commercial line of Husqvarna mowers. They look like nice machines.

davidcalhoun
03-05-2012, 11:20 AM
The new PZ decks are nothing like the tunnel ram decks of the past. The PZ deck is truly commercial rated and performs well. Maybe Jim Q can post some pics of the decks.

PROCUTS LAWNCARE
03-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Who is Jim Q? Can I PM him? Is that his name on here?

Thanks,
M

castlerockmo
03-05-2012, 11:34 AM
There also found in red ( yazoo) or blue ( Dixon). They have a few differences like the Dixon has pneumatic front caster tires n the Pz they are solid.

I'm not sure bout the blade hole size. But that sounds right
Posted via Mobile Device

castlerockmo
03-05-2012, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE=PROCUTS LAWNCARE;4337519]Who is Jim Q? Can I PM him? Is that his name on here? M( /Quote )

Jim was an engineer for husqvarna at the Beatrice plant until they moved to SC. You can PM him but I'm not sure hes on here much any more.

Look up his thread he started around March of 2010. I think it was st like " New husqvarna Pz mid mount". He had lots of pictures and explains slot about the machine. You can also look up my thread " my new pet grizzly bear" it has pics of my 2010 Dixon grizzly ( dx200).

Posted via Mobile Device

Federal Lawn Company
03-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Check out my post here:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=4339024&posted=1#post4339024

...and search for my other posts about MY opinion of the PZ. If you've had a Husky in the past, and it wasn't a PZ, you haven't had ANYTHING to compare it to. I would have never bought a Husky...until the PZ. And yeah, the blade hole is 5/8, and I've tried SEVERAL blades, and the blade that works best with the mulching kit....yeah, you SURELY want that...are the flat, medium lift with the flip-up on the end of the blade, at Express Mower Parts....$9.95 a blade made from .250 steel, Part # 26-021HT. Or the Hustler ones from the same site, Part # 26-072EL come in at a really close second, the only difference being slightly narrower flip, and slightly less cutting edge...I'd be satisfied with it, though, if I couldn't get the first one. Same price. I tried just about everything that would fit on it, and it SAYS for a 61 inch deck, but don't let that worry you. This thing cuts EVERY BIT as clean as my Ultracut does, which likes the Oregon Hump blades, but with the extra power, it just won't stop! The humps didn't cut nearly as well on my PZ...it's all about deck design and airflow (vacuum), and those Gators with the "fingers" SUCKED BIG TIME...a set comes with the mulching kit, but they left a BUNCH of stragglers sticking up. I'll never use them, ever. Just my 2-cents...seems like when I start to make a short comment, I just can't help rambling, but I just get so wired talking about this mower...and search for my post about by-passing the seat safety switch, trust me...you'll be glad you did. It's not defeated by just a jumper, like my Exmark. PHEW....OK, I'm done. Ride and compare, and hold that price tag in your hand....you'll do the right thing *smile* !
--David Innis

PROCUTS LAWNCARE
03-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Im super excited about this mower... Im looking hard at buying 3 of them 54, 60 and 72 inch. Now all I gotta do is sell my cub cadet tanks!

M

JimQ
03-06-2012, 10:16 AM
I had 2 units in the past... 2003 model 61 inch and a 72 inch tunnel ram deck and it was junk!!! This new model looks AWESOME! Thanks for the info!

Can you purchase a strip kit for these new decks?

Also what size center hole are the blades? 5/8 I hope.......

M

Yep, the PZ deck uses the same size blade as the LZ. Same center hole size, 5/8" and same length, just more overlap. The blade for the 61" TunnelRam also fits the 60" PZ deck. You know, they really need a clever name for that thing!

There was no striping kit developed when I left the company. I'm not sure if there is one in the works but I doubt it. They never developed one for the TunnelRams.

Q

mtmower
03-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Subscribed.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
04-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Going to a PZ type from a Cub Tank is a good step up. I have heard mixed reviews about those Tanks.

mtmower
04-21-2012, 12:49 AM
Well tomorrow of all things I'm going to demo a Walker Super B with side discharge 60" deck. Not sold on it doing what I need for how I'm set up but the dealer is a heck of a guy and he talked me in to trying it. Then next week I should be demoing a Gravely 460 and a Husky 54" PZ even though I'll buy a 60". I'm told it's using the same deck. The following week I hope to demo the Hustler Super Z.

mtmower
04-21-2012, 01:00 AM
I forgot. Next week or the following I will be demoing a Bad Boy Outlaw as well.