PDA

View Full Version : What does the Scag V Ride normally sell for?

AmazingLawns
03-05-2012, 10:26 AM
I was considering a Scag V Ride 36" mower. How much does it normally sell for new? Anyone know? The price I was quoted seems a little high and when I did a search, it's higher than other people said they paid for theirs. Anyone know what the retail price is and will the dealer normally come off of that price any or is it usually pretty firm? I have several dealers within 60 or 70 miles of me. I'm considering a ride on, too. Haven't made a sure decision. I just want to make sure I'm not paying more than it typically sells for.

Wecutgrass
03-05-2012, 10:34 AM
I paid 7000 out the door for my 52/26 v ride about a week ago
Posted via Mobile Device

Green Machine Mowing
03-05-2012, 11:36 AM
List is $7,700 commercial sell will be around where where wet cut grass paid. That is before the up to 20% off promo they are continuing to run this month.

N.E.MCH
03-05-2012, 05:18 PM
If you buy by the end of this month up here in the Northeast you can get a 52" for $6850. Scag sent out a promo offer If you need more info I can dig around for it.

AmazingLawns
03-05-2012, 05:48 PM
If you buy by the end of this month up here in the Northeast you can get a 52" for $6850. Scag sent out a promo offer If you need more info I can dig around for it.

Thanks for the info. I'm in the southeast. That seems like a good price for a 52". Is that the price before or after taxes?

Wecutgrass
03-05-2012, 05:50 PM
That was after taxes. It was 6455 before tax.
Posted via Mobile Device

AmazingLawns
03-05-2012, 05:56 PM
List is $7,700 commercial sell will be around where where wet cut grass paid. That is before the up to 20% off promo they are continuing to run this month.

OK. That was more around the amount I was thinking it was supposed to be. I was quoted higher than that, but someone told me they got it for $5600 plus tax for the 36", too, so I may see if I can get the dealer to come down some. Thank you for the info!! :)

Wecutgrass
03-05-2012, 05:57 PM
No problem man but didn't you say you wanted a 36?
Posted via Mobile Device

WHIPPLE5.7
03-05-2012, 06:02 PM
$5600 ain't bad. This unit maybe what gets me out of WBs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wecutgrass
03-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Oo I read that your wrong, ya that's a good price
Posted via Mobile Device

AmazingLawns
03-05-2012, 06:07 PM
No problem man but didn't you say you wanted a 36?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, I need the 36", because of the narrow gate openings in my area. But it's helpful to know what you paid for the 52, because it gives me something to compare it to. I was quoted for the 36 just slightly under what you paid for the 52. He came down some, but I'm going to see if I can get it lower now that I have an idea on what people are paying. Good to know. Thanks.

AmazingLawns
03-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Well, I didn't get it down to the $5600 price I was hoping for, but it was still a decent discount off list price. Paid $5860 plus tax for the 36" V-ride. The dealership didn't have any competition within 60 miles, so that may be why he wouldn't budge past that on the price. Also bought the catcher attatchment for the grass clippings, etc. (that was $325.00)

Wecutgrass
03-06-2012, 01:37 PM
What size is your grass catcher? That's still a decent price
Posted via Mobile Device

ed2hess
03-06-2012, 11:12 PM
We paid $5995 for a 48" and got full mulch kit thrown in and OCDC for our 61" unit. I haven't seen the final invoice but pretty sure we didn't get charge for the other stuff.

AmazingLawns
03-06-2012, 11:57 PM
What size is your grass catcher? That's still a decent price
Posted via Mobile Device

4 cubic foot- it's the fabric bag version. I liked it over the metal one, because it takes up less space. Wondering how fast this thing is going to fill up. It may be a pain, but a few of my customers are paying extra for bagging, so had to have it. Dealer had to order it, so I've yet to try it out.

AmazingLawns
03-07-2012, 12:15 AM
We paid $5995 for a 48" and got full mulch kit thrown in and OCDC for our 61" unit. I haven't seen the final invoice but pretty sure we didn't get charge for the other stuff.

Wow- that was a steal!!! Have you bought from that dealer in the past? Was there any other dealers in your area? I wish I could have done a little better on mine, but I called around and the dealer I went to was the cheapest by $500 or more within a 100 miles and he was the only local one, so I guess he didn't really have to be competitive. I am hoping once we establish a relationship, he'll be more negotiable in the future once I'm a repeat customer or at least throw in a few extras. :) I bought V-ride 36, straight edger, kombi, cultivator attach, and grass catcher for $7382.45 total with tax. We have 9.25% tax here in TN. :mad:

Wecutgrass
03-07-2012, 12:17 AM
I have a 4 cubic foot one for my gravely 34z and it doesn't fill up too fast. I can do a whole front yard of the average size lawn on one dump.
Posted via Mobile Device

AmazingLawns
03-07-2012, 12:41 AM
I have a 4 cubic foot one for my gravely 34z and it doesn't fill up too fast. I can do a whole front yard of the average size lawn on one dump.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good to know! I was thinking it was a bit overpriced and wasn't sure how well it was going to work- I had read a few threads about it needing to be emptied so frequently, it was a pain. I feel better about it then. My yards are on the small side, so it shouldn't be too bad then. Thanks! :cool2:

Wecutgrass
03-07-2012, 12:42 AM
No problem. I have a grasspacker. Pretty durable. Was only 300 bucks shipped
Posted via Mobile Device

AmazingLawns
03-07-2012, 12:50 AM
No problem. I have a grasspacker. Pretty durable. Was only 300 bucks shipped
Posted via Mobile Device

I checked out the website for the grass packer. Nice that it works on different kinds/brands of mowers. Do you use it as a leaf catcher too or is it too small for that? Trying to figure out what I'm going to do for leaf clean up in the fall.

weaver
03-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Well, I didn't get it down to the $5600 price I was hoping for, but it was still a decent discount off list price. Paid $5860 plus tax for the 36" V-ride. The dealership didn't have any competition within 60 miles, so that may be why he wouldn't budge past that on the price. Also bought the catcher attatchment for thhe grass clippings, etc. (that was $325.00)

Can u do a review and some pics of the mower?
Posted via Mobile Device

Wecutgrass
03-07-2012, 10:10 AM
I do use it for leaf clean ups. It does a decent job, I mean it's no walker but it gets the job done in a timely manner. I empty it pretty frequently when I'm doing leaf clean ups. It comes out to be about 2 dumps per contractor bag. I think the bags are 50 gallon
Posted via Mobile Device

AmazingLawns
03-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Can u do a review and some pics of the mower?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm going to wait a week or two until I've had more practice before giving a detailed review. We've only used her twice and have just used walk behinds before, so there is a bit of a learning curve. I scalped my lawn in one place the first time I used it, but that was due to operator error. Second time we did better- no scalping at all, a nice cut, and boy, is it a lot faster than anything else I've ever used. I cut my time by more than half and that was with me going slow. Once I get comfortable with it, I can see how much more I'm going to be able to get done with it. I definitely see this as being a very efficient and productive mower. So far, I like it a lot and I think I made a good choice. I start mowing for customers on the 13th and have 12 customers for Tuesday, so will give a review and post some pics then. Here is a picture of her resting. :) I've never been a fan of the color orange, but she just may make me change my mind.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk162/mommyoftwokiddos/Scagv-ride.jpg

Wecutgrass
03-07-2012, 11:19 AM
She looks nice. Ya I juat started going faster on mine because I'm getting more used to it.
Posted via Mobile Device