PDA

View Full Version : Scag Tiger Cat reviews anyone?

GMLC
03-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Does anyone own a scag tiger cat?

djagusch
03-05-2012, 01:01 PM
You can also include tiger cub as its the same thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

highlander316
03-05-2012, 01:35 PM
yes, what do you want to know?

GMLC
03-05-2012, 01:47 PM
yes, what do you want to know?

Just curious what you like and don't like. I'm looking at a 2012 with a bagging system.
Posted via Mobile Device

highlander316
03-05-2012, 01:59 PM
which model exactly? I have a 2011 61" with the 27HP Kohler. I also have the 3-bag bagger for it. The mower has enough power to turn the bagger, even when wet. The tube on the bagger was too long, so I had to cut it down (it sagged and wet grass would get stuck). I don't care of the mounting of the blower unit, it's heavy as **** and not as easy to un-tension the belt as another brand, like an Exmark.

The mower itself I've had no problems with. The only thing I wish the mower had was a hydro cooler. If you are doing lots of hills, the hydro fluid gets real hot and performance suffers a little. I get good fuel usage also, 10 gallons would be nice instead of the 8 though.

GMLC
03-05-2012, 02:12 PM
52" with kawi 24 hp I believe. I do have a lot of hills though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Blades Lawn Maintenance
03-05-2012, 08:56 PM
what do u guys think about using a scag tiger cat for resedential cutting but as a commercial mower... I want to have a good commmercial mower such as a scagbut for now I am using a cub cladet 50 inch cut on my yards...Thanks

RTR Landscaping
03-05-2012, 10:26 PM
The Scag Tiger Cat is a great mower. I've got 2 with 52" and Kohler engines. The Velocity decks leave a beautiful cut. I don't bag, but they do offer 2 different types of bagging systems. I use the Hurricane mulching kits on mine.
I've owned a lot of Scags and they have never let me down.

Blades Lawn Maintenance
03-05-2012, 10:29 PM
The Scag Tiger Cat is a great mower. I've got 2 with 52" and Kohler engines. The Velocity decks leave a beautiful cut. I don't bag, but they do offer 2 different types of bagging systems. I use the Hurricane mulching kits on mine.
I've owned a lot of Scags and they have never let me down.

i know this was not my thread but thanks lol

Procut lawn expert
03-05-2012, 11:53 PM
i love them i have run them the last ten years . buying two more this week they will be here friday i have two 61s and a 48 walk behind getting two 72s all have kawasaki 29hp i love them if you are thinking about trying one do it

Blades Lawn Maintenance
03-06-2012, 12:00 AM
i love them i have run them the last ten years . buying two more this week they will be here friday i have two 61s and a 48 walk behind getting two 72s all have kawasaki 29hp i love them if you are thinking about trying one do it

Yeah I want to get one this season but I only have 7 years and I can use my walk behind for 5 of them so but I just put ads in the newspaper so hope fully I get some clients... Any one got any sujestions
Posted via Mobile Device

Lawnut101
03-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Yeah I want to get one this season but I only have 7 years and I can use my walk behind for 5 of them so but I just put ads in the newspaper so hope fully I get some clients... Any one got any sujestions
Posted via Mobile Device

I would keep using what you have until you max it out, or at least need to get a more effecient machine so you can do more work. I made a mistake of buying my first zero turn a little to early. I only put like 80 hrs. on it my first season. That definitely doesn't justify spending $$$ for a mower.

Procut lawn expert
03-06-2012, 11:52 AM
yea i would get out there and bust my but i would start walking door to door and hand them a card say i just wanted to drop this off if you every need my services and get out of there space they will be following you out the driveway wanting a estimate . you should get 4 or 5 out of every 100 doors you go to . if you want more yards get you a target area and get it . give all your customer to give you referrals .offer them one free cut per customer they get you .. you can get as big as you want in this business the sky is the limit . pm me i give you some letters that are done made up . just take them and hand them out hang one in every store you go in

Blades Lawn Maintenance
03-12-2012, 10:30 PM
I would keep using what you have until you max it out, or at least need to get a more effecient machine so you can do more work. I made a mistake of buying my first zero turn a little to early. I only put like 80 hrs. on it my first season. That definitely doesn't justify spending $$$ for a mower.

Yeah I plan on using this equipment till it can't go no more
Posted via Mobile Device

Mikegyver
03-13-2012, 12:16 AM
I have an 2005 Tiger Cub. 48" 19 HP Kawasaki. Bullet proof machine. It will fit in pretty much anywhere. Love it...want another one.

Procut lawn expert
03-13-2012, 01:56 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

brewe
10-18-2012, 07:39 PM
I just bought a 2011 tigercat leftover, with the 27hp briggs, and bagger. Get it next week. cant wait!

T Scapes
10-18-2012, 09:29 PM
ive got a 2012 tiger cat with a 27 kawi and 61in deck awesome mower no complaints at all

LifeBack Lawns
05-30-2013, 01:01 PM
I have a 2012 Tiger Cat and it has been awesome!! I have been mowing from weekly to monthly/bimonthly one time cuts. I may have to double cut or triple cut a 4' weed or country lawn, but there is nothing to be seen and the results and stripes are great. I have had one problem in my thread and that was probably self inflicted I am sure. The Carburetor was bad (pretty sure my fault) and it has been run hard for 181 hours. It rarely bogs down and it is a 52'' with a 24hp Kawasaki fx691v. Simple work to repair and just cuts beautifully. Get some scraggles here and there with hard stem grass when blades are dull, but I love it. I cannot state that I know a lot about them or any mower, but experience has been nice. Still running on OEM stuff except the Carb. and regular maintenance parts ie. air filter etc.). She stripes well with this dreadful southern grass. Most people don't want to pay for their lawns to look nice rather than it just be cut, so the nice turf is actually a pleasure to cut on. I will get back with a yard that was over 3' high before and after. The stripes don't show well because they showed from the other direction based on the angle of the sun.

LifeBack Lawns
05-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Looking back at the pics, I guess the stripes really weren't all that visible, but you can see after how it cuts such high grass. Hope that did justice for high grass. I have other pics for shorter grass, but they can't compare to any cool season grasses and landscapers on here. This was a monthly yard in the country that only wanted a certain part cut.

tdadkins00
07-31-2013, 06:39 PM
Is that picture after bagging or just side discharge

LifeBack Lawns
07-31-2013, 07:12 PM
Is that picture after bagging or just side discharge

That was after side discharge only.

tdadkins00
07-31-2013, 09:41 PM
That's pretty impressive how many times did you cut it idk if my toro could do that much without some clumps you running just highlift blades

LifeBack Lawns
07-31-2013, 09:52 PM
That's pretty impressive how many times did you cut it idk if my toro could do that much without some clumps you running just highlift blades

I cut it twice. The second cut pretty much got any scraggles and blended any longer clippings in. This had a lot of clover, crab and poa annua. What kind of toro do you have? I did the second cut about 1/2" higher too. My in laws had a toro that I got to use and the cut quality and comfort IMO was far less. He may have needed some adjustments and sharpened blades idk. Mine are just the standard oem scag marbain high lifts.

tdadkins00
07-31-2013, 09:57 PM
I have a toro zmaster 3000 series pretty much toro version of the tiger cat I like it but I'm having some regrets not buying a scag tends to clump more then it should

LifeBack Lawns
07-31-2013, 10:09 PM
I have a toro zmaster 3000 series pretty much toro version of the tiger cat I like it but I'm having some regrets not buying a scag tends to clump more then it should

10-4. iOS with heavy dew and in the rain sometimes and she never clumps. The only time it may not disperse and almost clump is in high grass shooting back into the grass or high (over 2') Bermuda or crab that may, but it rarely will even in the rainiest conditions. Plus you have more adjustable baffles to work with. It stripes well without the kit too.