PDA

View Full Version : Which should I get? Scag V Ride or Scag Freedom Z?

AmazingLawns
03-05-2012, 04:53 PM
I have to make a decision within the next two days and I keep going back and forth! I can't spend more than 6K and that's pushing it. I was looking at either the V Ride or the Freedom Z. I was originally considering others, but these are the two I have narrowed it down to. I have a Scag dealer in my area and they are offering the 0% financing. I have to get a 36", because the majority of homes in our area have fences with narrow gates. The majority of lots are half an acre or less. I do have some customers that don't want the grass clippings left on the lawn, so would need a bagger and I'll be doing fall leaf cleanup this fall. Which is going to be the best choice? Any suggestions?

weeze
03-05-2012, 06:13 PM
if getting a 36" definately get the v-ride. the freedom z isn't really a commercial mower. it's more for homeowners. the v-ride is a full commercial mower.

Hawkshot99
03-05-2012, 07:23 PM
If $ is a issue get a walk behind 36" mower. Cheaper option and you can get a COMMERCIAL mower vs the Freedom.

Wecutgrass
03-05-2012, 07:37 PM
v-ride all the way, i just bought one and love it, I'm about to buy a bag for it, the freedom z is meant for homeowners and wouldn't hold up to the day to day use.

AmazingLawns
03-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Thanks, guys! I'm definitely going with the V Ride then. :cool2:

Wecutgrass
03-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Post some pictures when you get it.
Posted via Mobile Device

earthtrends
03-05-2012, 09:45 PM
neither. buy an exmark

ed2hess
03-05-2012, 10:24 PM
neither. buy an exmark

I think they pulled out of our market we don't see them or Toro?

BBC.lawn.services
03-05-2012, 10:28 PM
neither. buy an exmark

really now guys... you can buy a lot of scissors for 6k.... :laugh:

V-ride will serve you well.

cgaengineer
03-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Vride...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mike Blevins
03-06-2012, 10:11 AM
A local dealer here has a used v-ride Scag for 4500.00. It only has around 15-19 hours on it. A gentleman bought it and just didn't like it. Its a 48" I believe with a kawasaki on it. It looks just like the new one its setting beside for $7999.00. Seems like a pretty good deal. Me I like to sit not stand or I would buy it. Pm me if your interested.

AmazingLawns
03-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Got the Scag v-ride. It's the 36". I would have liked to have gone with a bigger size, but I just couldn't fit the 48" through some of those gates. Tried it out for the first time yesterday on my own lawn. I've only used walk behind mowers before, so there is going to be a learning curve. Took me 20 minutes to mow my lawn versus the usual 45 and that was with me going slow. I'll write a review after I've had it for a while and had more practice. The cut was good overall- I did scalp the lawn in one place, but that was my own fault. I have read some reviews about scalping that made me nervous, but I'm expecting that to hopefully not be an issue after I've learned how to use it properly. So far, I have to say I think I'm going to like it.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk162/mommyoftwokiddos/Scagv-ride.jpg

AmazingLawns
03-06-2012, 11:54 AM
A local dealer here has a used v-ride Scag for 4500.00. It only has around 15-19 hours on it. A gentleman bought it and just didn't like it. Its a 48" I believe with a kawasaki on it. It looks just like the new one its setting beside for $7999.00. Seems like a pretty good deal. Me I like to sit not stand or I would buy it. Pm me if your interested.

Man, that seems like a pretty good deal! If I lived close and could use the 48", I would definitely snap that up! I have to use the smaller size, because of the gates in the areas I am mowing. The yards are on the smaller side, most have fences and a lot of them have narrow gates. I looked for a used in my area, but couldn't find anything, so just went with the new. Plus, Scag has the 0% financing on the new ones, which is a plus, since I'm just starting up and can use my cash for other things now. Hopefully will have it paid off in about 4 months, though. I like to sit down too, but most of my properties are pretty small. Once I get into some of the neighborhoods with larger properties, I hope to get a rider- probably the wildcat or Cheetah.