PDA

View Full Version : Br 600

FLD350
03-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Hey guys I have a Stihl BR600 Magnum. It's only 2 or 3 years old and has run great until recently. The blower will start and run but only if you give it some throttle. It still works fine aside from the fact that it bogs and then dies if you don't give it some gas. I was told by the dealer that it's probably a dirty carb. Any thoughts on if this is accurate and how to fix it. I would rather do it myself and I wanna fix this week because I plan on getting an early start this spring.
Thanks guys!
Posted via Mobile Device

Kelly's Landscaping
03-05-2012, 09:21 PM
New air filter new spark plug remove the muffler and clean the port and do not scratch the piston or get anything in there have it up. Those are the easy fixes on them the fuel filter is not there are caps on the top of the tank and they don't like to come out or go back and we had a few that always leaked there after. The carp you can drop the bowl and flush out the lines but any more then that you will be wanting the have it done for ya. Same with the adjustment screws you can play with them a little but if you find it getting worse or no improvement either way your want a pro.

Now I do not know how much you used it but for us 2-3 years is the end of the blower. In fact we bought 6 new ones last fall and got rid of the 10 we had of which 2 were parts and perhaps 5-6 were still running but none were worth the cost of repairs. You can drop 1-2 hundred on them some times and only gain a few more months of use. Hard to justify fixing a fleet when you can buy a new one. For just a little more.

Get Some...
03-07-2012, 01:47 AM
I would put some seafoam in it.
Tune up and gas/air filter.

scotts lawn care
03-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Yeah im having the same issues with my 600. Ill try to clean the filter and adjust the carb.

Grassmaster9
03-10-2012, 12:38 AM
I had the same problem with my BR600. I tried most of what you guys mentioned with no results. I took it to the dealer and they adjusted the valves. Runs great again. Stihl recommends a one-time valve adjustment at 50 hours. I ran mine for 3 years without doing it before I had a problem. Next time I will have the valves adjusted as Stihl recommends. Approximate cost, $50.

cgaengineer
03-10-2012, 05:33 AM
I would put some seafoam in it.

Yeah, that'll fix it...not. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
03-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Change spark plug, adjust valves...you could always bump the idle if it's otherwise running fine.

It is most likely carb issue though which are easy enough to rebuild.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
03-10-2012, 10:36 AM
I had the same problem with my BR600. I tried most of what you guys mentioned with no results. I took it to the dealer and they adjusted the valves. Runs great again. Stihl recommends a one-time valve adjustment at 50 hours. I ran mine for 3 years without doing it before I had a problem. Next time I will have the valves adjusted as Stihl recommends. Approximate cost, $50.

Stihl recommends a one time adjustment (if needed) at 139 hors of operation, not 50. For many guys with more than one blower, that could easily be 2 or more years if they don't do fall cleanups with their BP's.

Grassmaster9
03-10-2012, 08:21 PM
That is correct. Page 29 in the Instruction Manual says check and adjust if necessary at 139 hours of operation. For some reason my Dealer recommended it at 50 hours. But that's what was wrong with my blower when I had similar symptoms. They adjusted the valves and now it runs great again.

Get Some...
03-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah, that'll fix it...not. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I believe there was more to my post than you quoted....
What I recommended would be the normal first step to finding the solution. :)

Seafoam is something I normally add to mix fuel.