PDA

View Full Version : little wonder or billy goat

exclusive
03-06-2012, 12:11 AM
hey guy im looking to buy a new leaf/truck loader 18 hp or bigger which do you think is a better one little wonder or billygoat thanks

agent walker
03-07-2012, 01:06 AM
dont have personal experience but i've been told little wonder is better. A guy I know has one really likes it

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
03-07-2012, 10:23 AM
I own both and have run them side by side. I prefer the Billy Goat hands down. I'm accused of being biased though...:rolleyes: How are you planning to mount it and use it? I can then point out the features that differentiate one versus the other that may be important to you fro your application. However, with that being said I can't recommend enough requesting your own side by side demo to make the decision yourself.

exclusive
03-07-2012, 08:46 PM
i just brought{going threw the process} the billygoat 18hp on a trailer for a great price i couldnt pass up $3500 brand new thanks for the advice

metro36
03-07-2012, 08:52 PM
I have an 18hp billy goat which works pretty well. The new piranha blade impeller design works very well. It shreds the leaves much better than the old model. My only major complaint was that the discharge pipe is made too light. They really need to use thicker metal around the bend. Mine has some pretty good dents in it after about 10-20 hours of use. I am going to reinforce the area around the bend before next fall.

I would recommend stepping up to a 22hp plus unit. Mine has no problems when I pick up dry leaves or when I feed the tube tube with a rake but it does clog every once and a while try to suck up wet leaves. The clogs come out when you give the hose a good shake. I feel that a loader with a bigger tube, larger impeller and more hp wouldnt have these problems. Basically buy the biggest you can afford.

I went with Billy Goat because of the dealer. Little Wonder does make a bit heavier unit. I havent used one so I can't speak for how well they work but their truckloaders do have a good reputation.