PDA

View Full Version : How long should I expect to be able to work each day?

Lawnmowingperson
03-06-2012, 06:34 AM
I am using a push mower and I was wondering how long I should expect to be able to work each day? How long do you work with a Push mower?

stephen424
03-06-2012, 06:56 AM
you're asking ppl on a message board about YOUR stamina and endurance?
dude, you should delete this post

K&L Landscaping
03-06-2012, 07:02 AM
I am using a push mower and I was wondering how long I should expect to be able to work each day? How long do you work with a Push mower?

I know you're just getting started but I would recommend you consider getting a used 36" WB in decent shape. They are not much more money than a new 21" commercial mower. Way more productive so you can do more in a days time.

Lawnmowingperson
03-06-2012, 07:03 AM
I asked after how long YOU work each day with a push mower

K&L Landscaping
03-06-2012, 07:10 AM
I have no frame of reference because I don't use a 21" mower all day. In actuality, they are the most unused pieces of equipment on my trailer.

I will take a wild guess at it though. I'm 39 years old and literally in the best shape of my life. Personally, I would think I could work a solid 8-9 hours with a 21" if I had to.

clydebusa
03-06-2012, 07:20 AM
you're asking ppl on a message board about YOUR stamina and endurance?
dude, you should delete this post

I agree :laugh::dizzy::wall:clapping::angry::laughing:

JB1
03-06-2012, 07:22 AM
maybe a good six or seven minutes, somedays maybe nine minutes then somedays none.

stephen424
03-06-2012, 07:26 AM

okay, i'll answer your question.
i work 1 hour a week with a push mower, for a couple islands that i do.

the point is.....
no1 is going to be able to answer that question for you and make it relevant to your situation. how big are the lawns? are you in shape or fat? any heart problems? allergic to anything? can you be in the sun all day? are you a teen? in your 20s? 30s?

do you live with your parents? or do you have a family to support? cause 'motivation' will help you cut more lawns a day as well.

K&L Landscaping
03-06-2012, 07:31 AM
okay, i'll answer your question.
i work 1 hour a week with a push mower, for a couple islands that i do.

the point is.....
no1 is going to be able to answer that question for you and make it relevant to your situation. how big are the lawns? are you in shape or fat? any heart problems? allergic to anything? can you be in the sun all day? are you a teen? in your 20s? 30s?

do you live with your parents? or do you have a family to support? cause 'motivation' will help you cut more lawns a day as well.

This just about sums it up! I still say find a used walkbehind and you want need an answer to this question.

Lawnmowingperson
03-06-2012, 08:05 AM
At the end of my post I asked how long do YOU work each day with a push mower

WorldsStrongestLandscaper
03-06-2012, 08:10 AM
I agree :laugh::dizzy::wall:clapping::angry::laughing:

I second this. Not too many ppl on here pushes a 21" mower all day. But if u weren't in the gym all winter or cutting trees/spliting woodI'd say ur in big trouble!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

WHIPPLE5.7
03-06-2012, 08:46 AM
People have already stated that they aren't using push mowers all day. Quit being repetitive with the question over and over. You should be alittle moore specific with where you are going with this. Do you have enough work to go all day. If you do you might want to think about an upgrade to a biiger machine. Many members provide very helpful knowledge but don't come around being a dink. Take their advice and move on.
Posted via Mobile Device

KS_Grasscutter
03-06-2012, 09:10 AM
How old are you? If you're still in school, there's no reason you wouldn't be able to work from 330 till dark every single day, and 8 to 4 on saturday. The thing is, unless you have a commercial 21", it isn't gonna keep up with you.

As said before, motivation is a lot of it. If you have $32 in the bank, along with a rent payment and food to buy for the kids at the end of the week, you could probably get yourself to walk behind that damn mower every second of the day that there is enough sunlight to do so.
Posted via Mobile Device

cwillic
03-06-2012, 09:53 AM
My answer is zero. I don't have a push mower, and don't want one.

gebby
03-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Too funny. I have one push mower. I was using for one lawn for about 2 minutes a week. Now I just use the string trimmer, then the blower.
If you do this long enough you will finf out that your legs and your entire body will give out long before the price of a good mower that you don't have to push, pull or cuss. Only you will be able to answer your question. Me I did it several years before I realized what those mowers were costing me and, not making me. Invest in your equipment. You won't really have an understanding though untill you have lived it. I am too soon old, too late smart.

agent walker
03-06-2012, 11:13 PM
where i come from, push mower is a cuss word. don't own one, won't run one. i spent $$$$$ on high end ztr mowers, not fooling with pushing a blade on an engine around. I can weedeat fast to get ditches or whatever i can't get with mower

DJLS
03-06-2012, 11:29 PM
All depends how bad you want it and how hard are u willing to work. This no 9 to 5 job. I work sun rise to sunset. I get tired but i just keep thinking about the end of the month PAYDAY!

Wecutgrass
03-06-2012, 11:32 PM
you might went to send smallstripsnyc his name is something like that, all he uses is push mowers.

Get Some...
03-07-2012, 01:32 AM

I never used one much.

Greyst1
03-07-2012, 01:43 AM
wtf kind of thread is this?

orangemower
03-07-2012, 01:44 AM
If need be, I can push a mower for a good 48hrs a day.
Posted via Mobile Device

TruSomethingOrOther
03-07-2012, 05:00 AM
Well guys, add me to the list of, um well I'm not sure what list, but here it goes.

When I first started out mowing (11 years old) I was using a murray side bagger push mower. As I got older more neighbors wanted their yard mowed, so I did. This happened until I was up to 60 to 80 accounts a week. (other things happened for the jump in customers, not the topic to elaborate). My equipment stayed the same. Push mowers. I upgraded to commercial Snapper's. 21 inch 6 speed self propel rear bagger models. (which I still have 3 of). I made the money. My average size yard was between 5k and 10k, had a couple bigger lawns. (15k) Most I ever did was 16 yards in one day. Can't remember if I had someone helping or not, it's been a while and I'm almost asleep typing this. Message me if you want more of the story.

Richard Martin
03-07-2012, 06:18 AM
Are we talking about an actual push mower here or is it self propelled? I wouldn't last long with a push mower. Back before my back got messed up I could have walked a self propelled mower all day.

Florida Gardener
03-07-2012, 06:51 AM
If need be, I can push a mower for a good 48hrs a day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Psssshh, I can do 96hrs a day.
Posted via Mobile Device

scotts lawn care
03-07-2012, 08:40 AM
We used a push mower on side hills for 12 years till last year,

when i replaced it with a self propelled push. The push could wear a guy out quick on steep hills.

My guys were thrilled with the new one.

Nickcon404
03-07-2012, 01:41 PM
What is this push mower thing everyone is talking about???