PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet M60 Tank Blades wont engage...

DawgGrad00
03-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Just picked up a used M60 tank a couple of weeks ago. I hadnt really used this mower much just yet until last week. While I as in the middle of mowing a yard, the home owner was leaving and since it as close to dark, I turned the blades off and flashed the lights on the mower rather quickly to get his attention. When I went back to start mowing again, the blades wouldnt turn on. The fuses look good, at least the 3 that Ive found do. Would anyone have any idea as to if this would be a relay or what? Pto switch? Blade clutch? Any help would be appreciatted. Thanks in advance.

cuttin-to-the-Max
03-07-2012, 08:46 PM
call the dealer or get the electrical tester out. Work from the clutch back... Check the switch also
Sorry dont own one...looking into it though! Hows the cut??

DawgGrad00
03-08-2012, 01:20 AM
It cuts great! Reminds me a lot of a Grasshopper 225 that I used to have but nicer. Did what you said. Looks like its a relay. Find out tommorrow when I get to the dealer. Thanks for your help.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tharrell
04-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Wow, that's exactly what happened on my Lesco Z2 yesterday.
It's happened sporadically for a while and if I pull the blade switch and go forward it usually engages.
Yesterday it wouldn't do that but would wait a while, like it's building up a charge or something?
Funny though, my battery is sorta weak, don't know if it has anything to do with it or not?
I'm thinking it's the switch. Gonna see about it today.

Tharrell
04-05-2012, 07:33 AM
My battery was weak and my switch was a little messed up, piece of the plastic was broken keeping it from securing to the panel.
I got a new battery and switch and everything seemed fine until I got into some heavy overgrowth, bush hog type stuff.
The clutch would not come on until I surged the mower forward.
For some reason, I believe the heavy overgrowth is the cause because this mower usually cuts with no problem. Every time it's acted up was right after some really bad overgrowth.
I'm interested to see what your outcome was.

BentAero
08-05-2012, 01:44 PM
The problem is the air gap on the PTO magnetic clutch is out of tolerance. When it cools off, it engages and the blades start running. When it's very hot after heavy mowing, it no-worky. Mine did this for a long time until I asked the dealer about it and he told me how to fix it.

It's an easy zero $ fix, there are three spring loaded adjustment screws on the clutch, with three corresponding slots in the cover. Slide a .015" feeler gauge into each slot, tightening the screws until the feeler gauge is snug. You'll have to adjust/readjust to get all three equal.

Never had the problem since.

Gary

DawgGrad00
08-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Im still having an issue with this damn thing. The 3rd pto that ive purchased has yet again burned up. I took my dremel and cut the last one open to see what was melting and its the 2 red hot wires going in thats causing the problem. Ive been rigging it to get by with a couple of $7 toggle switches from home depot but now, after long periods of mowing, its draining the battery down and im also having to jump it off at the solenoid to get it to crank. Eventually, the wires will melt that go to the toggle switch and i will nave to replace it. Any ideas from anyone would be appreciated. Btw, i did check the air gap, it seems fine. I believe this is within the harness somewhere, i just dont know how to test it. Im not the best with wiring but can do it with a little guidance.
Posted via Mobile Device

DawgGrad00
08-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Btw, the model of this Tank is 53BB5GFX750, 29HP Tank (Kawasaki)
Posted via Mobile Device