PDA

View Full Version : Who knows how many cuts in a day in Canada?

samsaira
03-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Hey guys! This question is for people who live in Canada. We have small yards compared to U.S. standards.
Does anyone know how many lawns should be cut in a day (8 hour day) with a two man crew? Using a 21" inch. Thanks.

crazymike
03-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Hey guys! This question is for people who live in Canada. We have small yards compared to U.S. standards.
Does anyone know how many lawns should be cut in a day (8 hour day) with a two man crew? Using a 21" inch. Thanks.

Canadian lawn sizes are no different than US lawn sizes. They vary.

I've lived in both places.

There are lots of 1 acre, 2acre, 5 acre properties all over the GTA. In the bridle path there are lots of 1 acre properties as well.

If you're talking about cookie cutter, tiny lawns, mow, trim, blow and go you're looking to cut about 15-30 a day if you really push and have a tight route. They are worth about $100 a month.

If anything, the average lawn size in Canada is bigger than the US, we have way less people and more land.

samsaira
03-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Canadian lawn sizes are no different than US lawn sizes. They vary.

I've lived in both places.

There are lots of 1 acre, 2acre, 5 acre properties all over the GTA. In the bridle path there are lots of 1 acre properties as well.

If you're talking about cookie cutter, tiny lawns, mow, trim, blow and go you're looking to cut about 15-30 a day if you really push and have a tight route. They are worth about $100 a month.

If anything, the average lawn size in Canada is bigger than the US, we have way less people and more land.

Thanks Mike. Yeah, I meant the cookie cutter homes. That's what I thought. I was estimating 16-18. I'm hiring 2 full time people plus myself. So, in reality three but won't be doing 3 people for next year. It will be two.

greenerman
03-06-2012, 05:13 PM
I do 10-15 by myself per day. A fellow I know that has a 2 man crew does about 30.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
03-06-2012, 05:27 PM
I would say about 10-15 cookie cutter lawns a day for me.

samsaira
03-06-2012, 05:31 PM
I would say about 10-15 cookie cutter lawns a day for me.

Thanks Alex.

samsaira
03-06-2012, 05:32 PM
I do 10-15 by myself per day. A fellow I know that has a 2 man crew does about 30.

Wow!! They must be fast. Do they use a few 21" inch mowers?

greenerman
03-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Yes they use 21 inchers. Two guys cut and the third guy trims. They have a few blowers, so whoever can, blows. They are in and out pretty fast. I have been cutting near them and they are done when I am still in the back yard!

nickslawnltd
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
We do a one day route in a retirement community that we bang 35 off in a day with a 2 man crew. It's a tight route some spots we have 5 yards where the truck never moves.

samsaira
03-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Yes they use 21 inchers. Two guys cut and the third guy trims. They have a few blowers, so whoever can, blows. They are in and out pretty fast. I have been cutting near them and they are done when I am still in the back yard!

Thanks man! Made my day. I under estimated the potential. Feels good to know that I will be making more than planned.:drinkup:

samsaira
03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
We do a one day route in a retirement community that we bang 35 off in a day with a 2 man crew. It's a tight route some spots we have 5 yards where the truck never moves.

Thanks. Nice!! Hope to get that kind of a contract.