PDA

View Full Version : Hows your market holding up.

Mike Fronczak
03-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Just what it says. I have watched pricing in our market go from, low, to bad to real bad new low. I just looked at the city bid results for private proerty maintence & city owned vacant lots. Here are the general idea/specs and low bid.
Private property; you are going into a persons private lawn, that has been let go to a point it is a code violation, called in by the city, so you know the property owner is going to be happy to see you, cutting grass god knws how tall, rake up/remove clippings debris, line trim & blow off (I think also, not positive put anything else to the road I believe for city garbage to p/u). $ 20/property

City owned vacant lots; pick up garbage & cut grass, line trim, blow off
$ 10/property

Im lucky I guess I have some decent clients, and not really looking to grow much, but with this out there, how can you compete.
Last year I bid on some parks, based on 15 cuttings, was if I recall 250 acres in total, line trim, blow off, pick up all garbage. I figured about 300 hrs per trip, ussally just garbag p/u accounts for 1/3 from my experience in these areas. Went for 92K for the season, sounds like a lot unilt you break it out hourly $ 20/hr including everything with fuel at nearly $ 4/gallon.