PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions

DJ Contracting
03-06-2012, 05:18 PM
I was asked to if I wanted a table at a local car dealership that is hosting a garden day. They asked me to put something together for a raffle they are going to have. They are going to pay me $150.00 for a some kind of lawn care package, I told them that will only get one month of lawn care for a 10k size yard, & that will only include cut and bag, line trim, edge sidewalks and driveway where applicable, and blow off any grass clippings. Now I'm just trying to put something together that sounds Professional, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank -Joe-

TheBigGW
03-06-2012, 05:36 PM
if the dealership is giving you 150. instead of a months worth of work. why dont you give the winner 150 credit towards a mulch and spring clean up or a fall clean up. try and get a good job so even if its a one shot deal you will make a little money.....

DJ Contracting
03-06-2012, 05:48 PM
if the dealership is giving you 150. instead of a months worth of work. why dont you give the winner 150 credit towards a mulch and spring clean up or a fall clean up. try and get a good job so even if its a one shot deal you will make a little money.....

That sounds like a good idea.

McFarland_Lawn_Care
03-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Ya, that's what I would do. A gift certificate good towards any of your services but must be used this year. Great opportunity to talk to folks - takes some coffee and donut holes to offer for free and lots of literature! Let us know how you make out - can't believe the dealership is offering to pay you too. cool beans

Dbry12
03-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Ya, that's what I would do. A gift certificate good towards any of your services but must be used this year. Great opportunity to talk to folks - takes some coffee and donut holes to offer for free and lots of literature! Let us know how you make out - can't believe the dealership is offering to pay you too. cool beans

The gift certificate is a good idea but be careful about saying it has to be used this year. There are new laws regarding experation dates on gift certificates. I dont know all the details but its something like 5 years or more it cant expire. Sorry to get off topic.

Salcido Lawn
03-06-2012, 09:37 PM
I did something like that for a church raffle, once. I offered a years lawn maintenance for a 8-10 sq ft yard. Whoever won the raffle, never cashed it in.

Maybe you offer like a $200 - $250 credit towards some landscaping or lawn maintenance, then upsale them to a year round maintenance contract or a larger landscaping project. I think it would look good on your business if the car lot sees that you are investing in this also. Which may lead to work with the car lot.

DJ Contracting
03-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Yeah I planned on matching the $150.00
Posted via Mobile Device