PDA

View Full Version : Gravely or Exmark ZTR?

ryan41
03-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Got some huge accounts already this year. I am now ready to finance a zero turn mower. I have done my research and i can't decide between a Gravely or a Exmark 60' Zero Turn. They both seem like they are great machines. my budget is 9 grand. Would like to keep it under as much as possible. I have a few local gravely dealers around. I know of only one Exmark dealer near me and its a 45 min drive. Let me know the pros and cons of each manufacturer. Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

weaver
03-06-2012, 07:56 PM
The new Exmark is bye far the better mower... but if ur money is tight u should probably go with the Gravely..
Posted via Mobile Device

MOturkey
03-06-2012, 07:57 PM
I've had good results with Gravely, and have been running them for 9 years. Additionally, see if your dealer is signed up for their loaner program. If so, he'll keep new models in stock to be used only as loaners. Mighty nice if an issue arises that isn't a quick fix.

If you are wanting to stay under $9,000, the 200 series of Pro-Turns would be in that price range, and for under $10,000 you should be able to buy even a new, air ride seat 400, or a Pro-Master with hydraulic deck lift.

ryan41
03-06-2012, 08:05 PM
MOturkey - how many hours did you get out of your Gravely? I don't need anything to fancy right now. Still a "new" guy. I do agree i stopped by the Gravely dealer a week or so ago got to test drive the new 400! I am just concerned that if i buy an exmark the service will be an issue.

weaver
03-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Exmark has a great warranty but if ur just starting out u probably can get more mower with gravely... meaning mower bagger mulch kit... plus ur gravely dealer is closest...
Posted via Mobile Device

THEGOLDPRO
03-06-2012, 08:15 PM
I typically try and buy the best equipment i can buy so it serves me well for years to come. Dont buy a cheaper product just because money is alittle tight this year. In 2-3 years when your company is bigger your going to wish you went with the better mower. Buy a mower that will last you 5-6 years without any real problems.

I always say the same when people ask me what size trailer to buy, I always tell them to buy bigger then you need, That way when you do need it a year later you don't have to buy another trailer.

ryan41
03-06-2012, 08:23 PM
That's true i have a decent size trailer 12'. Not to small not to big. Works perfect for me! Do you think Gravely wont last a long time?

THEGOLDPRO
03-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Im sure it will last you a long time but its no Exmark thats for sure.

gwk120
03-06-2012, 10:19 PM
I have a 2007 Gravely 252 with 3400 hours. I had to replace the motor but have never had a problem with the mower, just a belt every now and then. 1 or 2 idler pulleys. Great mower.

bohiaa
03-06-2012, 10:29 PM
All high end mowers are about the same......

your only going to get about 3500 hours on the engine.

DO NOT INTERVIEW A MOWER, INTERVIEW THE DEALER......

and if you have several dealers in your area, MAKE THEM WORK FOR YOU..................

Best of luck

mtmower
03-18-2012, 01:50 AM
Subscribed

woodlawnservice
03-18-2012, 03:02 AM
I run gravelys an just added another 60" this year all 200 series pro master. I love them! There is a exmark dealer in my town and my gravely is 30 min away. That's how I feel about them. It's worth the drive. I've demo the exmarks as they r overpriced. My gravelys r built everybit as good as an exmark. It rides better and is very comparable in hydraulics. Gravely comes out in top in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

mtmower
03-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Does anyone know what pumps and wheel motors the new 400 is running. Web site is pretty veg.

GMLC
03-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Does anyone know what pumps and wheel motors the new 400 is running. Web site is pretty veg.

Hydro gear 5400.
Posted via Mobile Device

JABBERS
03-18-2012, 11:25 AM
I know its already said but for me its the dealer, that is a big part of my equipment purchase. I have dealers close to me that I really dont like. There is a walker dealer near me just rubs me the wrong way. I would like to have a walker but wont buy one there

watsmi57
03-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Buy the Gravely. My Dealer sells both. This used to be an Exmark only area. Meaning - that's what everyone used. Everyone now is switching to Gravely. Even my dealer told me it's more mower for the money. I agree. When I bought last spring I compared the two brands side by side since they were sitting together. Exmark models that were very comparable to certain Gravely models seemed to run about $2k more. I couldn't justify the extra money for that Exmark name. I am not saying that Exmark makes a bad mower. They just think a lot of them.

Both of my Gravely mowers cut great in all conditions. My 252 does everything I ask it to do and just keeps on going asking for more. I have not had to do anything but regular service.

Gravely also has a "fleet program". I got 20% off of my mowers with it. Went shopping for one and wound up with 2. Deal was too good to pass up. Ask your dealer about it.

I recommend you get a Pro Turn 200 series or higher. The new 400's look really nice and everyone seems to love them too.

Another big strike for me is your Exmark dealer is far away.

JABBERS
03-18-2012, 09:31 PM
If I can save 20% on 2 gravelys I might have to check them out. I have a gravely dealer 5 min from my house

watsmi57
03-18-2012, 11:28 PM
HERE IS SOME INFO ON THE FLEET PROGRAM

http://www.gravely.com/pages/fleetsavings/index.html

JABBERS
03-19-2012, 12:46 AM
Posted via Mobile Device Does the new pro turn 400 have a good deck. Its the only one thats a 72 inch right?

watsmi57
03-19-2012, 07:10 AM
I believe the Pro Master and Pro Turn's all have the X-factor deck. yes it is a good deck. I have never had to clean out from under my deck. and yes i think the 400 is the only one that comes in a 72"

The pro-ride has a high flow tunnel deck. it is the old Everride warrior. rebranded and repainted last year now sold as Gravely's. I have heard they cut tall stuff and bahia great.