PDA

View Full Version : Handhelds - Shovels, Rakes, Pruners ETC..

ryan41
03-06-2012, 07:54 PM
This may be a dumb question but what is the best brand for shovels, rakes, pruners all handheld equipment for commercial use? Does it really matter what kind & where do you buy them (home depot, lowes, ace hardware etc..?)

CL&T
03-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Decent stuff is available from them but I like AM Leonard for their wide selection and quality.

ryan41
03-06-2012, 08:02 PM
I work at The Home Depot part time nights. Does anyone know how well Husky or Aimes holds up? Whats your Preference fiber glass or wood handles?

Florida Gardener
03-06-2012, 08:23 PM
This may be a dumb question but what is the best brand for shovels, rakes, pruners all handheld equipment for commercial use? Does it really matter what kind & where do you buy them (home depot, lowes, ace hardware etc..?)

Yes, it def matters. For pruners, I think for the price I would go with the corona professional line. Be careful, corona makes homeowner stuff and commercial stuff, get the commercial. I also like corona for loppers best. Hand and polesaws, silky is unmatched.
Posted via Mobile Device

professional
03-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Agreed with diamondlandscaping 100 percent. I use Corona only. Everything works as advertised and holds up forever. My rep. says they have a great warranty, but I haven't used it.

ohiogreenworks
03-07-2012, 08:43 AM
We have had good luck with ridgid and husky tools, also have a lifetime warranty.

ron mexico75
03-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Fiberglass handles are more durable then wood, more expensive too but if you have other people using them besides yourself, then I would go with the fiberglass.

Lowes or Home Depot are fine for hand tools.

3rdDayBrad
03-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Comes down to personal preference. But I agree with Diamond, purchase commercial grade tools. Fiberglass handles seem to last a bit longer for shovels and rakes. I'm on 8+ years with Rigid tools from Home Depot. All my smaller hand tools, steel spades, loppers and pruners are A.M. Leonard. Check them out. They sell other brands, but in the past few years have been coming out with their own line of tools. As good as, or in some cases better than the 'name brand' tools. Consider flat free tires for your wheelbarrows also. I use Carefree brand. Will never go back to tube tires! Good luck this season.

pkirby
03-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Easy one. Get the CRAFTSMAN brand from Sears. Replaced no questions asked,unless of course it's lost.

Decoste76
03-13-2012, 10:35 PM
i get a bunch of whatever is on sale... bought about twenty rakes in the end of fall for more than 1/2 off!! will have them for a long time. no matter what your going to break a rake or two so why spend a lot ive broke fiberglass shovels easier then a wood one.. so for that stuff just get whats good an cheap... pruners on the other hand is something you have to buy good quality.

ron mexico75
03-14-2012, 09:08 AM
i get a bunch of whatever is on sale... bought about twenty rakes in the end of fall for more than 1/2 off!! will have them for a long time. no matter what your going to break a rake or two so why spend a lot ive broke fiberglass shovels easier then a wood one.. so for that stuff just get whats good an cheap... pruners on the other hand is something you have to buy good quality.

Not that I don't believe you, but what in the hell were you doing to break the handle on a fiberglass shovel? Easier then wood? Ive had a fiberglass handle shovel going on 12 years now.

Pro-turf lawn
03-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Fiskars and lowes brand kobalt tools (with fiberglass handles)