PDA

View Full Version : bidding question

casey humphrey
03-06-2012, 08:54 PM
My company is getting bigger now and I am getting into commercial mowing. I have been doing residential for years this is easy bidding. It is always by the cut no problem

now I am bidding small apartment and they want a contract pricing. Our lawn care season is April-Oct 7 months this is how I doing it

hours to cut the grass x my hourly rate (per machine) x 31 weeks than divide by 7 and thats there monthly bill and than add in all the extra's fert mulch if they want it and divide that by 7 and than add that to the total monthly bill. Does that make sense? LOL

how are you guys doing it?

bohiaa
03-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Your Price doesn't change . <-------- Notice the period

you, and ONLY YOU. should know your hourly PRICE.

you know, Or should. how much you can do a JOB for.
and from this, is where you factor in your price. this is to include the price of doing business.

I PERSONALY, am NOT sure on where or how people think that commerical pays more. or they charge more.

HERE I have to stay at 125.00 per hour, per 2 man crew.

casey humphrey
03-06-2012, 10:28 PM
HUH? I do know my hourly rate I just choose not to broadcast it on this site but since you ask my price is with in 10 dollars of your price for 2 machines. When I looked at a property I ask my self how many hours it would take to mow/whip/blow