PDA

View Full Version : Meeting with a Private School on Friday. What to Bring with me?

KrayzKajun
03-06-2012, 10:16 PM
I was contacted last week by the highschool i graduated from. The new director/principal of the school wants to have a new building landscaped and the front of the school re-landscaped. his secretary(who is my buddies mom) mentioned to me that they are possibly looking for the work to be a contract for several years. based off what she told me, it seems they may want to contract out the full turf/landscape maintenance of the school.

Im guessing even Catholic schools are realizing its cheaper to contract out instead of paying a grounds crew.

This is a first for me. I have bid packet i use for commercial properties, but thats used when i know exactly what scope of work im bidding.

So im thinking of putting a Company info packet together to bring with me. Include: company overview and history, copy of my licenses & insurance, residential and commercial references.

anything else i should include?

i have a meeting Fri morning with director/principal.

Florida Gardener
03-06-2012, 10:18 PM
What you mentioned. Wear a company polo and bring a good attitude. Look everyone in the eye, speak with confidence, and ask the Lord for guidance. Good luck, you will do great.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mikegyver
03-06-2012, 10:26 PM
What you mentioned. Wear a company polo and bring a good attitude. Look everyone in the eye, speak with confidence, and ask the Lord for guidance. Good luck, you will do great.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ditto that. You might also bring a calculator, 2 sharpened #2 pencils, and scratch paper. JK man good luck!
Mike

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-06-2012, 10:27 PM
I would deff bring yourself. Maybe a pen.

KrayzKajun
03-06-2012, 10:32 PM
wonder if i should wear my lucky Salt water crocodile cowboy boots? wore them for my pesticide and arborsit test and passed on first try. lol

Mikegyver
03-07-2012, 08:15 AM
HAHA. IDK about the boots. Think it is that you are just super sharp and the boots are irrelevant!
Seriously...when bidding or making sales calls I dress up in new (or newer) dark blue jeans, a long sleeve button down, and dress shoes. The client appreciates a level of professionalism.
Mike

KrayzKajun
03-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Anybody else?
Posted via Mobile Device

greenbaylawns
03-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Wash Your truck and put that shinny crap on your tires. Gota look good when you pull up! Good Luck!

KrayzKajun
03-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Yeai definitly need to wash my truck. I wish I had a long sleeved button down shirt with my logo on it. Only have short sleeves.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mikegyver
03-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Forget the logo...just get a plaid long sleeve button down from academy for 15 bucks. Comfortable and look sharp!

KrayzKajun
03-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Forget the logo...just get a plaid long sleeve button down from academy for 15 bucks. Comfortable and look sharp!

Yea. Tht would prolly look better. Don't know hoe the director(who is also a priest) might react to my tattoos. Plus my wife bought me a brandnew longsleeve plaid button down last night.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gr8WhiteNorth
03-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Definitely bring your rapist van

KrayzKajun
03-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Definitely bring your rapist van

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

grassmasterswilson
03-09-2012, 07:43 AM
I just submited a bid for a private school for mowing, lawn apps, aeration, seeding.....

Be prepared for the term "as needed" and when asking them what that means be ready for "we just want it to look good" then go home and loose sleep over whether you are figuring 6 apps and the other guy is figuring 3 apps!!!

I just proposed what I would do as a minimum after all my reputation is on the line. Then explain what I was doing and why. Also that I could tailor a program to meet their needs. Good thing about a privates school is that since there is a tuition that most parents are potential customers.

GMLC
03-09-2012, 09:07 AM
I would bring a nice folder with pictures of your work, insurance paperwork etc. etc.

Mikegyver
03-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Yea. Tht would prolly look better. Don't know hoe the director(who is also a priest) might react to my tattoos. Plus my wife bought me a brandnew longsleeve plaid button down last night.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wasn't going to say anything...LOL

KrayzKajun
03-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Well just got back from my meeting with the school. the grounds crew is still gunna do the turf maintenance.(may change once the new school is built next year).

The job is for landscaping, the front of the school, gym, new building just finished last year, court yard, the home on campus the priest live in. yearly maintenance of the beds: mulch, make sure color is always in season, weeding etc...

Im not bidding against anyone. The director said i was highly reccommended by many people and he wants to give the business to an Alumni. this is the big break im been waiting for. want to start the installs by Easter. I need to get my ass into high gear. going back in a little while to take pics and measurements(was raining earlier, and wife would kill me if i got her camera wet).

defnintly a great Friday!!!!

GMLC
03-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Congrats! Should be great for your business!
Posted via Mobile Device

TriCityLawnCareLLC
03-09-2012, 01:37 PM
I love days like you had today! I'm happy for you, it's a great feeling :)