PDA

View Full Version : Kubota ZD326P Motion Levers

Saxman
03-07-2012, 06:03 AM
I got a new ZD326 this week after trading my ZD21 in after 9 years of great service. I like the changes they have made on the new 300 series machines. My only concern is the stiffness of the motion control levers. Has anyone else had this issue? What can I or my dealer do to make this better?

Steve

weaver
03-07-2012, 07:43 AM
I think it just comes with being a new machine... Same here went from an 2001 lazer z to a new one and the controls seem way tighter... you just get used to it after a while...
Posted via Mobile Device

Saxman
03-07-2012, 07:50 AM
I was hoping there was a friction adjustment somewhere. Thanks for the reply

Steve

bamaturf
03-07-2012, 09:13 AM
it will loosen up just keep going. the machine is new & tight

Saxman
03-07-2012, 09:28 AM
I don't mow commercially so I wonder how long it will take? I guess it will happen sooner or later. I am not a nitpicker, I really like the machine so far

weaver
03-07-2012, 09:31 AM
I don't mow commercially so I wonder how long it will take? I guess it will happen sooner or later. I am not a nitpicker, I really like the machine so far

Like i said i think you will get used to it and it will be the normal for you.. Right now you are still used to your old mower like i was to mine..

FlCutBuddy
03-07-2012, 12:32 PM

got 800 hours on the one i ride , but im a rookie , just got it and dont know any better..... you must have a large peice of property to not cut commerical with such a work horse.....it is so smooth...

Saxman
03-07-2012, 03:38 PM
I think it's called overkill! I just want to get done and do other things but I do have several acres to mow. Thanks for all the replies.

Steve

dieseltech
03-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Not familiar with kubota but some have dampner adjustments
Posted via Mobile Device

DieselHolic
03-12-2012, 12:29 PM
bought ours brand new last fall, only has 2 hours on it and it was super tight. i think you can adjust the dampners... im sure ill break it in this spring. but im going to tinker a little on it anyway

Saxman
03-12-2012, 07:31 PM
I found a 22mm nut on the left side of my machine that is the forward and reverse pivot tension adjustment. This nut is only on the left side but it adjusts both levers. There must be a cross shaft across the machine, I backed it off about 1/2 turn and it made a big difference. I couldn't stand those tight controls

Steve

DieselHolic
03-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Awesome thank you!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
03-13-2012, 05:24 AM
we have 3 of them, and just had to wear them in for a few hundred hours lol. you have to learn to loosen up a bit and you wont overcorrect teh levers.

DieselHolic
03-19-2012, 09:47 AM
I found a 22mm nut on the left side of my machine that is the forward and reverse pivot tension adjustment. This nut is only on the left side but it adjusts both levers. There must be a cross shaft across the machine, I backed it off about 1/2 turn and it made a big difference. I couldn't stand those tight controls

Steve

I'm struggling to find the nut. I'm probabaly just blind... But where is it exactly?

Saxman
03-19-2012, 10:07 AM
As you sit on the machine, the left side, oppisite the instrument panel, look up under the fender and you will see the nut that is on the same level as the pivot point on the levers for fore and aft movement. I could not see the one on the right side, under the instrument panel. I backed the one off on the left side and it seemed to help both. I like it alot better now.

Steve

DieselHolic
03-19-2012, 12:41 PM
As you sit on the machine, the left side, oppisite the instrument panel, look up under the fender and you will see the nut that is on the same level as the pivot point on the levers for fore and aft movement. I could not see the one on the right side, under the instrument panel. I backed the one off on the left side and it seemed to help both. I like it alot better now.

Steve

Awesome, I'm sure ill be able to find it now. Thanks a lot!