PDA

View Full Version : what handle held power equipment do you perfer

boduke
03-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Im looking to purchase a new backpack blower, string trimmer, and a hedge trimmer. Give me your thoughts. We only mow 3 days aweek.

BestImpressions99
03-07-2012, 12:29 PM
I remember joining the site many moons ago and basically starting a new thread. Some replied with smart alec comments about checking the search first. Others welcomed me with open arms to the club. After awhile though you see alot of folks asking the "what do I get" schpeel.

So, firstly, welcome welcome welcome. We've all been where you are in having a hard time deciding what to get. First probably the most important aspect of choosing pro equipment is to look at the dealers close to you. Then from there see what options they have for handhelds, Stihl, Shindaiwa, RedMax. (If your thread grows and people start giving their opinions you'll see it's alot like Chevy vs. Ford, everyone has their own opinion.) Demo these models. Personally I like Shindaiwa weedeaters, Stihl backpack blowers. But that's just me.

Hope you find a good deal. Don't skimp. Save to get the good quality stuff.

castlerockmo
03-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Impressions is right dealers are very important. Then try them and see what you like best. For me I prefer husqvarna. They're new backpack blowers the 570 and 580 are the most powerful on the market. The husqvarna326/327 trimmers ate light weight and powerful and are around 300.00. I have one that has over 3000 hours. My hedge trimmer is a sthil and is very good. But my first choice Is husqvarna then a sthil.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alekfarmer
03-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Try the Redmax 2450t trimmer and you will love it. Light and powerful and very reliable. My favorite blower in the Redmax 7100 series. Its not the most powerful blower out there but its a tank. Just bought a new kawasaki hedge trimmer hopefully its great.

dieseltech
03-07-2012, 04:26 PM
I prefer husky and echo. Light weight, good power and easy starting.
Posted via Mobile Device

beano
03-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Echo all the way for me!

Z's Lawncare
03-07-2012, 04:59 PM
i love my stihl trimmers alot of torque

K&L Landscaping
03-07-2012, 05:18 PM
I prefer Redmax handhelds but I chose STIHL because of superior dealer support. Any of the top tier brands are great pieces. Go with the dealer that treats you the best.

evencut
03-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Have used 'em all. Blowers all same pretty much the same to me. When it comes to trimmers, I much prefer Stihl.

weeze
03-07-2012, 05:23 PM
stihl br600 magnum backpack blower, husqvarna or honda trimmer, and hedge trimmer if you want gas go with whatever you like. personally i dont' like the gas hedge trimmers because they are heavy and aren't balanced very well so i use a battery powered hedge trimmer. the main reason is it's super light, well balanced, and you can fling it around with ease. each battery lasts 30-45 min. i have about 4-5 batteries. it's the same craftsman 19.2v batteries that are used on alot of craftsman tools like drills and impact wrenches. i guess it depends on how many shrubs you are trimming and how often. i don't do it that often nor do i do huge shrub trimming jobs so it works out great for me.

http://i56.tinypic.com/4h89zo.jpg

Exmark#1
03-07-2012, 05:57 PM
I prefer dolmar. I dont hear much about them on here but they are all i run and never had any major problems with them. (weed eaters, hedge trimmers, leaf blowers) Great units.

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-07-2012, 08:26 PM
stihl is the only handheld I will deal with. ive had good luck with them, good dealers, and they are very well built. i have a stihl stick edger, stihl fs110r, stihl br600, stihl hs81t and stoon will have a hl100 or hl100k and adding a backup that will also be a fs110r. its also a good idea to get the same brand because it matches lol. that wont make 2 shits difference when it comes time to cut grass, but it makes you look neater also. lol. just my .02

but yeah dude, only time you get people to agree on one brad its scag or walker lol. i once used echo when i first started and liked it till i got stihl and saw how much better it was. but yeah go with a brand that has good dealers and you no stihl cause its a good brand lol

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-07-2012, 08:28 PM
just a little bit of advice if you looking for a redmax, do a search alot of people say they lose people once you start using it

BestImpressions99
03-08-2012, 11:51 AM
See what I mean boduke? 5 replies, 5 different brands.

LawnMan19
03-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Echo all the way for me!

x2 here ECHO!

Alan0354
03-08-2012, 11:47 PM
I have Maruyama BL8100 64cc BP, I like it a lot, it is powerful enough, it is the same as Kawasaki KRB750 which is just a little over $400 on ebay. I also have the Maruyama HT2321DLR hedge trimmer. Both are easy to start, always two pull. Both don't need much warmup. They don't bog when cold, just don't pull full rpm for the first 20 sec or so. They both are very quiet. The BP spec the lowest noise amount all the big blowers. The hedge trimmer is so quiet only the Honda trimmer can compare.

For string trimmer, I would say Husqvarna 223L or 326L as they have perfect reputation and cheap. they are super light also.