PDA

View Full Version : BOP Quickie 32 Runs Rough

RocketLab
03-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Have a 2008 BOP Quickie 32 with a 16HP Kawasaki FH480V-CS20. 875 hours.

After a minute or two of running it starts to run rough . Will die on you and become hard to start until it's sat for a while. First time it died on us after attempting to start it was flooding fuel, dripping a little from the bowl and even at a connection in the exhaust header pipe. Pulled off the air cleaner and it had a little gas pooling at the plastic intake under the air filter. It is not revving up and down like a previous dirty carb problem I had but seems to just be loading up and not able to hold full RPM"s.

I have previously replaced a coil when it ran rough before but then it sounded like it was running on one cylinder but wasn't having these flooding type problems as I remember.

Any help would be appreciated as all the shops right now have a 2 to 3 week turnaround.

David Thompson
03-11-2012, 09:10 AM
First thing I would do is to pull out the dip stick and smell of the oil , It kind of sounds like the fuel has seeped past the float needle in the carb and filled the crankcase with fuel. If the oil smell more like gas than oil drain it and change the filter if it has one then clean the carb including main jet and the atomizer tube above it. After that install a fuel shut off in the fuel line and cut it off when ever the machine is being transported or left to set for weeks at a time.
David

piston slapper
03-11-2012, 12:01 PM
RocketLab.......its not RocketScience......
Definitely a flooding issue...
David's suggestion of a shutoff valve may help....
Trash in the carb? Fuel line breaking down and disloging the fuel needle?
Clean the carb.....check the Seafoam (snakeoil) threads.
Posted via Mobile Device

RocketLab
03-11-2012, 04:06 PM
RocketLab.......its not RocketScience......
Definitely a flooding issue...
David's suggestion of a shutoff valve may help....
Trash in the carb? Fuel line breaking down and disloging the fuel needle?
Clean the carb.....check the Seafoam (snakeoil) threads.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, not rocket science. Pulled carb off, soaked it in carb cleaner, blew it out and runs like old (new?) again. It has a fuel shutoff at the tank and since I've had a few carb issues lately may need to get in the habit of shutting it off. Thanks for the help!!!!