PDA

View Full Version : Scag Cheetah or BadBoy XP? Need your all's take.

scc6c6
03-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Sounds like a no brainer if money isn't considered.....but money in consideration, do you guys think the Cheetah is worth the extra 2.5k? Reason I am second guessing the BadBoy is superior, well-known quality and resale value 2-3 years down the road....need your all's take though. Any experience on either would be great info!

hammmerhead
03-07-2012, 02:42 PM
I like BadBoy, but spend the extra dough and go to bed knowing you bought the best mower out there.

torotorotoro
03-07-2012, 05:53 PM
go with the badboy. its the best mower out there.subscribed

Z's Lawncare
03-07-2012, 05:57 PM
im wondering the same thing

weeze
03-07-2012, 06:28 PM
i would buy the cheetah. that's the next mower i want to buy. when you are talking 8000 or 10,500 dollars the difference isn't that much. (especially if you are doing the 0% financing for 4 years) it's like a car that's 18,000 or 20,500. get what you want. you will be happier in the end.

GMLC
03-07-2012, 06:32 PM
It really is a no brainier.......
Posted via Mobile Device

Greyst1
03-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Honestly, i would skip them both and get a Ferris IS3100Z. Out of those two you listed, i would strongly consider the BB. When i demo'd the Cheetah it moved like a boat on your turns and like an indy car on straight aways. Plus, you need to watch your feet (CHeetah owners know what i mean.

I like the things BB are doing, they just need a stronger dealer network and to be proven. Good luck.

GMLC
03-07-2012, 09:40 PM
If money is tight check out Snapper Pro or Gravely. Both are proven and much less money.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mike Blevins
03-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Xp 12 mph Cheetah 16 mph 2 speeds
xp Flat free tires standard? Cheetah flat free tires standard
xp ROPS standard???? Cheetah ROPS Standard
xp Warranty ??? Cheetah Better Warranty
xp 12 Gallon tank Cheetah 15 gallon
xp Resale vaue?? Cheetah ALOT better resale value.

Compare these warranties and resale value and its a no brainer! Plus add the run flats,ROPS,foot assist,extra warranty that comes standard on the Scag and your going to be at a higher price than the Scag! Plus buy both machines and "SAVE" on the Badboy and sell both of them in 4 years and see if you make that alleged "$2500" difference up then. I bet you get that 2500 plus anoth 1000 to 1500 more. Plus you get the proven velocity plus deck with the adjustable front baffle. Here it is again people a no brainer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtmower
03-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Xp 12 mph Cheetah 16 mph 2 speeds
xp Flat free tires standard? Cheetah flat free tires standard
xp ROPS standard???? Cheetah ROPS Standard
xp Warranty ??? Cheetah Better Warranty
xp 12 Gallon tank Cheetah 15 gallon
xp Resale vaue?? Cheetah ALOT better resale value.

Compare these warranties and resale value and its a no brainer! Plus add the run flats,ROPS,foot assist,extra warranty that comes standard on the Scag and your going to be at a higher price than the Scag! Plus buy both machines and "SAVE" on the Badboy and sell both of them in 4 years and see if you make that alleged "$2500" difference up then. I bet you get that 2500 plus anoth 1000 to 1500 more. Plus you get the proven velocity plus deck with the adjustable front baffle. Here it is again people a no brainer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X2. I'd lean toward the Cheetah. But to be fair, flat free tires are a negative in my book. I'd pay extra just to get the ribbed Carlisle tires in a heart beat. They will both have ROPS. It's required. I'm seeing about the same from warranty to warranty between them. If you like the Cheetah and trying to save money maybe also consider the Husqvarna PZ6034FXZT. Ganks are smaller but they use the same drive train as the Cheetah only they have a lock out on the cutting deck in the high gear that I'm guessing could be gotten around.

Mike Blevins
03-09-2012, 12:02 PM
X2. I'd lean toward the Cheetah. But to be fair, flat free tires are a negative in my book. I'd pay extra just to get the ribbed Carlisle tires in a heart beat. They will both have ROPS. It's required. I'm seeing about the same from warranty to warranty between them. If you like the Cheetah and trying to save money maybe also consider the Husqvarna PZ6034FXZT. Ganks are smaller but they use the same drive train as the Cheetah only they have a lock out on the cutting deck in the high gear that I'm guessing could be gotten around.

Actually they both won't have ROPS standard. It's not required unless you sell them to a city or town municipality. Not your everyday commercial lawn maintenance company. It is a $500.00 dollar option on the Badboy and standard on the Scag.Scag Warranties their machines for parts AND labor for entire term of warranty.Badboy makes you pay labor after first year. Scag spindles have 1 more year on their warranty. I go over alot of curbs and before flat free tires I popped the front left tire off the bead twice. Flat free tires are a personal preference just as ROPS would be. I'm just answering his question with facts. You add the "standard" options to the Badboy and the price difference that everyone preaches about ISN'T there. Then its comparing mowers.Scag has the rep and the Velocity plus deck has earned one of the best reviews out right now for all mowing conditions. Then its back to the resale value. Again you can't even place Badboy in the same realm as Scag's resale value. It's not a better "economical" decision to buy a Badboy mower period. That decision don't stop with buying. It also includes owning,operating,maintaining (warranty),and eventually selling. And this is where the economics of "saving" money by buying a "cheaper" mower catches up with you.

BestImpressions99
03-09-2012, 01:05 PM
scc6c6 - question I have is what type of contracts for mowing do you have? Do you have THAT much open territory that you would need something with THAT MUCH forward speed?

Think of it this way... slower speed on a standard Scag rider but depending on what size of deck you get on the cheetah (ie a 62) you jump up to the next size (72 on the regular mower), you're almost negating the extra money for the speed. Honestly most of the time those "max mph" that are advertised are transport speeds with no PTO engaged. Once you head from pavement to grass your top speed is at best 80% of the advertised mph.

Just something to think about.