PDA

View Full Version : Cub cadet tank LZ

TNWS
03-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Anyone useing this new style mower ? I have a 2006 super z & I'm wanting to trade for a new mower. The new super z list around 12 grand & the tank LZ around 7,900.

I love my super Z but 4 grand difference:laugh: ??? My dad has an older tank but i don't like the way it handles. The new one handles sooooooo much better.:) So if you have one how do you like it ??

John_DeereGreen
03-07-2012, 07:37 PM
I haven't run one of the new ones, but they don't look to be as well built from what I've seen of them.

Down side now is the 48's only come with a Briggs "commercial" grade engine. Looks like I'll be making the switch to another brand...

cuttin-to-the-Max
03-07-2012, 08:43 PM
the concept looks cool just wondering how it cuts!
Looking at getting one too!

TNWS
03-08-2012, 11:09 AM
My dealer is coming this morning to look at my super z. If he's close in price I own the tank LZ 60.:)

TNWS
03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm now the owner of a tank LZ 60. A proud owner ?? Time will tell !

cuttin-to-the-Max
03-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Well.... I went to my local dealer today, my sales man said "If you buy that mower first dont tell ANYONE I sold it to you. Also the moment you load it up and take it your trailer just know im going to be Laughing my @$$ off!!" he said they have had problems with the bearings, once the grass gets up under the deck i'll have steering problems, etc..... Also the mower slows down to turn.. Sounds like a pain. I will go with my salesman on this one!

TNWS
03-09-2012, 08:52 AM
I'll let u know today about the slowing down part. Was he talking about the motor slowing down or the deck ??

TNWS
03-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Well it's official.......I'm a PROUD owner of a TANK:weightlifter: LZ 60 !!!!!!!!!!! I mowed with it today for 3 hrs. Yes I would buy another one tomorrow !

So if your still laughing:laugh:your wasting your time.:cool2: Now if I were you I would find me a different salesman to deal with. If he works for you fire him .:waving:

This mower is a new style for 2012.....just released . So don't think anyone has had or used one long enough to have a bearing problem. So if your still thinking about buying one......the green go ahead flag is waving.:)

LawnMan19
03-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Congrats on the new purchase! hope it continues to treat you well.

LawnMowerKing10
03-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Post some pics of the new toy!

Randy G.
03-09-2012, 09:55 PM
I wouldnt put a whole lot of stock into what is said here. I was told my Cub Enforcer was junk. I havent had any of the problems I was told I would have. Good luck hope you really enjoy it.

maelawncare
03-10-2012, 11:54 PM
I have ran tanks since 03. I am on my 3rd one and love them! They decks cut great and the price cant be beat for the quality. As far as the slowing down part to turn, are you a loon?

Btw, my newest tank is the SZ. Its the one with the steering wheel, I LOVE IT.

cuttin-to-the-Max
03-11-2012, 12:06 AM
I have ran tanks since 03. I am on my 3rd one and love them! They decks cut great and the price cant be beat for the quality. As far as the slowing down part to turn, are you a loon?

No. Im going to listen to my sales man pretty much no matter what. hes my salesman to tell me what to buy and what not to. I put trust in him to give me the best recommendation he can. I do consider things even after he tells me what not to do but the chances are very slim that i go though with it. Maybe the slowing down to turn isnt a bad thing but i've watched like 5 different videos SO FAR on them and it seems like in EVERY video they try to hide when the mower turns. Seems like they try to get the operators head shot when it turns. Anyone have and pics of yards the mower has been used on??? i wanna know if the patterns can be as good as my other ZTR's (dixie exmark)
I hear they are used alot in the south but i havent seen close to any used in my area.... FYI still havent had time to demo one.

Dont get me wrong the Concept seems SWEET! My arms sure do get tired from pushing back and forth all day.

maelawncare
03-11-2012, 12:23 AM
No. Im going to listen to my sales man pretty much no matter what. hes my salesman to tell me what to buy and what not to. I put trust in him to give me the best recommendation he can. I do consider things even after he tells me what not to do but the chances are very slim that i go though with it. Maybe the slowing down to turn isnt a bad thing but i've watched like 5 different videos SO FAR on them and it seems like in EVERY video they try to hide when the mower turns. Seems like they try to get the operators head shot when it turns. Anyone have and pics of yards the mower has been used on??? i wanna know if the patterns can be as good as my other ZTR's (dixie exmark)
I hear they are used alot in the south but i havent seen close to any used in my area.... FYI still havent had time to demo one.

Dont get me wrong the Concept seems SWEET! My arms sure do get tired from pushing back and forth all day.

Can't knock yea on that. Now does he say the mower slows down, or you have to slow down to turn? Cause every mower has to slow down to turn. If you just whip it around at 10mph your tear the crap out of the turf on any mower. That goes for my exmark, hustler, and tank. Now I will say that you go through a lot of the gas shocks for the lap bars. About 2 sets a year for me, but if you can stand the bars being a little jerky, you dont need perfect shocks.

As for photos.

maelawncare
03-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Oh, here is my new tank for this year. Loving this bad boy so far. Same great deck that I love, just a slope nose instead of flat. Being able to point them front wheels does WONDERS on hills.

cuttin-to-the-Max
03-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Damn that looks nice! And yeah to be honest with you he was in so much of a denial that i couldnt even under stand him... but yeah he just said it would be back in here after a season for a "Front end job" Steering, bearings etc.... not sure....
Oh also i dont slow down to turn on my dixie! It used to go 18MPH! ;) lol just kidding...

maelawncare
03-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Damn that looks nice! And yeah to be honest with you he was in so much of a denial that i couldnt even under stand him... but yeah he just said it would be back in here after a season for a "Front end job" Steering, bearings etc.... not sure.

I have had my first tank since 03. No front end problems what so ever. My dealer has sold around 50 of them. No steering, bearing problems on any of them. They are greasable front ends. As long as you grease them as you should, no problem what so ever.

I will say this though. Those tanks came out in 02. And if you did not tighten the front pivoting bolt for the front bar every 100 hours, it could come lose and egg out the hole. They did not include that in the manual until 2005. I didnt catch it till 300 hours. Still no problems since, but I actually inspect and maintain my equipment.

TNWS
03-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Just finished mowing my yard for second time with my new tank LZ. Love it !!!
Posted via Mobile Device

passalacqua
04-02-2012, 01:37 AM
How is your Tank SZ holding up.

maelawncare
04-02-2012, 07:50 AM
How is your Tank SZ holding up.

Awesome. Defiantly takes some time getting used to turning. But love it. I hope the front wheels hold up though, they take a beating turning like they do. But with a 3 year warranty, I think I will be good for a while.

passalacqua
04-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Awesome. Defiantly takes some time getting used to turning. But love it. I hope the front wheels hold up though, they take a beating turning like they do. But with a 3 year warranty, I think I will be good for a while.

The new models like yours come with a 4 year 2000 hour warranty.

passalacqua
04-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I have two regular Tanks 2010 models and will be upgrading at the end of the season. I was planing on getting a Tank S with the yanmar diesel but then they come out with the Tank SZ that I can get at my local dealer for $8500 but the biggest motor they have for it is 27hp KW if I don't get the diesel I would at least like to get the 31hp KW like I have on my current Tanks.

ProStreetCamaro
04-02-2012, 04:58 PM

We bought an M48 new a few years ago. Was by far the highest sitting, roughest riding, funky handling, rear tire wearing out, grass clumping in the wet mower we have ever owned. If the conditions were perfect it left an absolutely beautiful clean crisp cut and super stripes due to the standard striping rollers that come standard on them. It was the shortest amount of time we have ever owned a mower. I think we sold it after the second year with 428 hours on it.

M48 cut quality

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/uckingaround002vt2.jpg

As you can see the tires were SHOT at only 400 hours. The mower still looked new. Never again unless they make drastic changes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/P1000405.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/P1000399.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/P1000402.jpg

Oh and that scag you see behind it. Another royal POS.

passalacqua
04-02-2012, 05:54 PM
We bought an M48 new a few years ago. Was by far the highest sitting, roughest riding, funky handling, rear tire wearing out, grass clumping in the wet mower we have ever owned. If the conditions were perfect it left an absolutely beautiful clean crisp cut and super stripes due to the standard striping rollers that come standard on them. It was the shortest amount of time we have ever owned a mower. I think we sold it after the second year with 428 hours on it.

M48 cut quality

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/uckingaround002vt2.jpg

As you can see the tires were SHOT at only 400 hours. The mower still looked new. Never again unless they make drastic changes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/P1000405.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/P1000399.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/P1000402.jpg

Oh and that scag you see behind it. Another royal POS.

They have made lots of changes for 2012. all new hydro's that have integrated pumps and wheel motors, all new deck, all new belts pulleys and clutch that are 2 or 3 times the size of older models, all new frame design all new deck height adjustment system. So yes they have designed all new mowers from the ground up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mjcE-OZ5qM&list=UU-hxMYfXQKQjOEi0VdVAA2g&index=10&feature=plcp

kev51277
04-02-2012, 08:01 PM
i had a cub enforcer 48 i bought it with 50 hrs on the clock and it kept blowing belts about every 5 to 10 hours. the cub dealer could not figure out what was wrong they told me i had to mowe on 3 no higher no lower lol that thing was a hunk of crap i will never buy cub ever again

passalacqua
04-02-2012, 08:40 PM
i had a cub enforcer 48 i bought it with 50 hrs on the clock and it kept blowing belts about every 5 to 10 hours. the cub dealer could not figure out what was wrong they told me i had to mowe on 3 no higher no lower lol that thing was a hunk of crap i will never buy cub ever again

Well I have 2 60 inch Cub Cadet Tanks and the belts have never come off doesn't mater if I am cutting at 1 inch or 6 inches. one has 300 Hrs the other has 500 Hrs. And by the way I have never had any problems out these mowers and I bought them new

THG
04-03-2012, 01:21 PM
I don't understand how the steering wheel works with a zero turn since a zero turn usually turns by the rear wheels? Seems like a great idea for mowing on hills especially going down hill but can someone explain how the steering wheel doesn't fight with the rear hydro's?

JABBERS
04-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Im looking at a new mower this year and thought I might look at cub cadet. My employee wants to see if they would work for us. I would want a 60 or 72 inch model with a steering wheel. I think the tanks s is what I want to look at. Can some people fill me in on how they like it? Also 10 gauge on the deck seems kind of thin how are they holding up?

orangemower
04-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Well I have 2 60 inch Cub Cadet Tanks and the belts have never come off doesn't mater if I am cutting at 1 inch or 6 inches. one has 300 Hrs the other has 500 Hrs. And by the way I have never had any problems out these mowers and I bought them new

You must have gotten the one I returned for a full refund. The one I had would not cut higher then 2 3/4in with the deck all the way up. The craftsmanship on the deck was terrible. Tabs were not welded on in the correct place that mount the deck to the frame. Throttle cable would not stay at WOT. It ate 3 belts in 10hrs so finally I demanded my money back. The dealer said no problem and put me in a Scag. Cub Cadet is junk period.

passalacqua
04-19-2012, 08:04 PM
You must have gotten the one I returned for a full refund. The one I had would not cut higher then 2 3/4in with the deck all the way up. The craftsmanship on the deck was terrible. Tabs were not welded on in the correct place that mount the deck to the frame. Throttle cable would not stay at WOT. It ate 3 belts in 10hrs so finally I demanded my money back. The dealer said no problem and put me in a Scag. Cub Cadet is junk period.

Well just because you got a lemon that doesn't make all Cub Cadets junk.

JABBERS
04-19-2012, 09:39 PM
I was treated bad by bad boy but some people love them.

orangemower
04-19-2012, 10:08 PM
They're junk.

orangemower
04-19-2012, 10:15 PM

Well just because you got a lemon that doesn't make all Cub Cadets junk.

Sorry, I meant to quote Kev. You just happened to get luck and get two mowers that are actually holding together. Most of the others I know have had nothing but trouble with CC.

Randy G.
04-20-2012, 08:39 PM

I have a Enforcer 44. I was told it was going to have all the problems you say you had. But, It has run flawless. I havent had any throw belts, no deck issues, nothing but, a grass cutting machine. Dont have any problem recommending it to anyone.

JABBERS
04-20-2012, 09:25 PM
How does a cub cadet tank cut? Wet grass? What about the tank s? Im interested in a top of the line commercial mower with a steering wheel.

THORNTON SERVICES LLC
01-14-2013, 12:53 PM
I have a tank m60 and last year at the end of the season I bought a new tank lz 60 because of price , cub cadets price is good but I do not like the lz 60 compared to the m60 I wish they would have kept the m60 and upgraded the belt size on it. I do not know about the steering wheel model have no experience with that stuff. This year I am looking to switch to a new mower brand I also do not like the control handles they scrape my legs , kinda anoying when using , what do you guys recomend going to thats the best mower for the money?

CLservice
02-08-2013, 12:08 AM
I bought two new tank LZ 60in in march of 2012, at the end of the season they both have about 600hours on them, they were a very good machine, I had to mow in the rain a few times and had to cut some grass that was a foot tall and the machine had no problem doing this. The only problem is there are two stabilizer bars in the front that holed the deck up I broke three of them, in May cub cadet came out with a new bar that allows for some give, the old part didnít allow for the give. I did mow over a lot of ground that was very rough had plenty of ruts in the yards and the machine held up great.
Also I have a really good relationship with my dealer so problem was fixed very quickly, that also makes all the difference.

Jasonn B
04-26-2013, 11:20 PM
I love mine. Tank M60. I've had it 5 years now. Use it to cut my 2 acre residential lawn. It's solid.