PDA

View Full Version : The things customers say

Ray_Lawns
03-08-2012, 12:06 AM
While I was working yesterday a lady approached me about mowing for her. I went and walked the yard and priced it and she said sounds great. I went back today and shined it up for her real nice. She comes out and said she was really pleased with the work and confirmed the price to pay me. When she hands me the check she says " you should go to the bank now and cash that because if you hold on to it for to long the money might not be there". I have never had anyone tell me that before. I usually stop by and deposit into the atm daily since I pass by on my way home but today i went in and cashed out that one.

205mx
03-08-2012, 12:13 AM
wow weird!
I had a lady ask me for a price today, I gave it to her and she said it sounded good. Going to give me a call, but I havent heard from her.

lkendall
03-08-2012, 12:20 AM
I think she was joking with you? haha

Ray_Lawns
03-08-2012, 12:23 AM
If she was joking she is a good actor because she looked very serious. She seems like a nice lady and the house is nice so who knows. Maybe she is a closet coke head.

knox gsl
03-08-2012, 12:29 AM
I've heard it before, when the contractor was being serious.
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
03-08-2012, 04:54 AM
At least the lady warned you. She does accounting like my daughter does. She checks her balance every day and if there's money there, she spends it.

cgaengineer
03-08-2012, 07:55 AM
At least the lady warned you. She does accounting like my daughter does. She checks her balance every day and if there's money there, she spends it.

Funny! Sent my son to ATM a few weeks ago...somehow there was a $20 mistake not in my favor...no recipes either.
Posted via Mobile Device

yardguy28
03-08-2012, 09:11 AM
yeah it is funny the things they.

last season I had a lady try to hire me and on several occasions mentioned how she lost her job and money is tight but she'd find some way to pay me. was wanting me to cut her ill fathers yard.

yep I'm definitly gonna work for someone who has no job and money is tight...:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

scotts lawn care
03-08-2012, 09:18 AM
I dont think i have had that kind of customer ever say that after handing me payment.

I wonder if you could ask for cash and not have to worry about her checks bouncing.

I use to have a customer who would always post-date his checks, and ask me to hold

on to it for at least a week. I have heard thats illegal to post date checks. :nono:

yardguy28
03-08-2012, 10:17 AM
personally I don't put up with that kind of stuff.

once the check is in my hand I will choose when to take it to the bank. if it bounces then your service will stop until I receive payment plus the bounced check fee my bank charges me.

I'm a business. I can't be running to the bank with just a couple checks. I usually wait until I have at least a dozen. whatever the deposit slip has room for.

Florida Gardener
03-08-2012, 10:21 AM
personally I don't put up with that kind of stuff.

once the check is in my hand I will choose when to take it to the bank. if it bounces then your service will stop until I receive payment plus the bounced check fee my bank charges me.

I'm a business. I can't be running to the bank with just a couple checks. I usually wait until I have at least a dozen. whatever the deposit slip has room for.

Yea, same here. I usually do one drop off each month. I don't have time to run to the bank everytime someone hands me a check.,.
Posted via Mobile Device