PDA

View Full Version : yard signs? anyone use them?

KLAlawncare
03-08-2012, 06:54 PM
anyone know where i can find plain white yard signs? i cant find any at any hardware store?

i would like the plain white plastic ones with the metal H stakes maybe like 1'x2' or 2'x2'

also do u guys have any luck using them? at intersections or homes for landscape work?

any help would be great

KrayzKajun
03-08-2012, 07:24 PM
I put them in a yard when doing a landscape install. Leave the up for 7-10days after, then pik em up.
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnman24949
03-08-2012, 08:37 PM
I wouldn't bother using them because for me they always end up getting stolen in about a weeks time. I also put these only at customers houses so when 10 get stolen in a year I feel there is no point to them. I would suggest if you want a yard sign invest in a heavy duty A frame sign. It will be more expensive but they are worth it a lot of companies around here use them and they never seen to get stolen.

living Green Property
03-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Yeah we use them we have awesome luck I get about 100 a year made up and I peg them in telephone poles in intersections. I would say I lose maybe 40 a year due to wind or people tearing them down. The trick is to use a mine 3 foot later so you get them high enough that the average person canít get them down without going thru the effort to get a latter and rip it down. Just check townships not all areas let u put signs up.it sucks having to drive around pulling them down been there done it.lol I go out at like 10 at night and put them up all night. We do like 50 in the spring Iím going out this weekend and them 50 in the fall advertising fall clean ups and over seeding. I also get yard signs made up every year I use the cheap ones and we put them in out landscape customerís yards. I however just leave them there or get it In 2 weeks. I loose like 20 a year maybe. I just figure it into my costs. And I do really well with it it keeps your name out there and no one else in my area does it. I maybe get 50-60 new customers a year. But go and get them professionally printed it cost me maybe $1200 a year. but it doesnít do better than tv or radio for me but deff beats door hangers and flyers.

KLAlawncare
03-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the input guys....i think i might try them out this year and see how it goes.

Wright48
03-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Best form of adverstiseiing by far i get more calls from lawn signs then anything else. Just make sure you take them down after like 2 weeks or theyll get stolen from kids,competition , drunks lol. Or youll piss off your customers haha i get a bunch stolen every year always have more made up. Pays for its self.

living Green Property
03-08-2012, 09:50 PM
u wont regret it! just give it time donít expect to put them out and get 5 phone calls the next day. and the more the merrier. I found the customers that call me from signs usually go with me. the ones who take the time and stop write ur info down usually only call u. they typically arenít the ones who go in craigslist or the internet and call everyone to give them an estimate. It works really well with a web site. A lot of people will drive by see ur name and then search it on the internet. Good luck this year.

Lugnut
03-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Just go to a sign shop for them...FYI I put up 6''x12'' signs on some of my more prominent maintanance accounts, generally in a mulch bed by the road. People are generally more accomodating to the idea of you putting up a small sign for the entire year then sticking a big yard sign up, even if thats only for a week or 2

hoyboy
03-09-2012, 07:34 AM
I was always really jealous of companies that had yard signs. The local municipality didn't allow them where we did most of our work, but it really seems like a great way of advertising. Especially in these days of high gas prices...getting customers close together is key and few advertising methods accomplish this better than yard signs.

Good luck!

GMLC
03-09-2012, 09:29 AM
We use them at install jobs and while mowing in areas where people can't see our trucks or trailers. Really nice at commercial accounts on busy roads when we are parked out back.
Posted via Mobile Device

KLAlawncare
03-09-2012, 09:44 AM
thanks again for the input.....im going to get some printed this week and try them out

GMLC
03-09-2012, 09:59 AM
This is what ours look like.

Glenn Lawn Care
03-09-2012, 10:07 AM
I have some. They will just end up getting stolen by competiters. I put them on both sides of my trailer during clean ups.
Posted via Mobile Device

Look's Great
03-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Try Vistaprint.com for signs, banners, cards ect.